Please suggest a good meeting place on Sirena for our Roll Call group.

KBrote

We are sailing on Sirena Oct. 24 - Nov. 3, Istanbul to Athens. We have met about 20 fellow passengers on our Roll Call and would like to plan a brief meet and mingle. We are sharing tour with a few of them and we would like to meet up before our port dates so we can plan and get to know each other a bit. We have never sailed on Oceania or Sirena so I am not sure of the best spot to suggest...Martini's? Horizon Bar? I am thinking of suggesting 6:00pm the second evening when the ship leaves port at 6:00pm. The first evening will be too hectic I am sure. If you have sailed on Sirena could you please suggest a good place for 20 or so people to gather for a half hour or so? Not sure everyone will show up so it could be more like 10 -15. Thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, KBrote said:

We are sailing on Sirena Oct. 24 - Nov. 3, Istanbul to Athens. We have met about 20 fellow passengers on our Roll Call and would like to plan a brief meet and mingle. We are sharing tour with a few of them and we would like to meet up before our port dates so we can plan and get to know each other a bit. We have never sailed on Oceania or Sirena so I am not sure of the best spot to suggest...Martini's? Horizon Bar? I am thinking of suggesting 6:00pm the second evening when the ship leaves port at 6:00pm. The first evening will be too hectic I am sure. If you have sailed on Sirena could you please suggest a good place for 20 or so people to gather for a half hour or so? Not sure everyone will show up so it could be more like 10 -15. Thanks!

Often, the second night is the Captains Welcome party with free drinks in Horizons and Martinis around that time.  That might make it difficult to find a place to meet but Horizons would have more space to get together.  Martinis is a very small area.

Thank you all. I like the idea of the second night at the Captain's Party. perhaps in Horizons since it is larger. And since most people would probably be planning to attend we wouldn't have to meet on another night. Maybe I could arrange for a sign or just hold something myself. And specify a certain area, like mid room, starboard side. All suggestions are appreciated! Can't wait...just over a month away now!

3 hours ago, KBrote said:

Thank you all. I like the idea of the second night at the Captain's Party. perhaps in Horizons since it is larger. And since most people would probably be planning to attend we wouldn't have to meet on another night. Maybe I could arrange for a sign or just hold something myself. And specify a certain area, like mid room, starboard side. All suggestions are appreciated! Can't wait...just over a month away now!

Horizons is the main place for kissing the Captain's ring on the second night. It would probably be the worst place on the ship at that time to try to have a get together. I do think the area above Waves Bar would work pretty well as long as the weather is ok. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OK. So it seems the second night during the Captain's Party won't be the best time. Maybe I will email the whole group and ask if they would prefer 9:00pm the first night in Horizons, or see if anyone in the group has a better idea. 

Well you  need to be onboard  by 5pm or sooner   so maybe have meeting about 5:30 -6pm  so you can at least make contact

Then those with early dinner reservations can just  go off when ready 

Not ideal  but you have a full itinerary

You have a small group so maybe meet on the  port side of Horizons

• Like 1

I self-hosted a group of about 25 veterans on Sirena 11/2022 in Martinis in the early afternoon. Thinking it was either 2 pm or 3 pm. I did that because the cruise director on Riviera, Paul Baya, had hosted a Veterans gathering on Riviera there and at that time in 12/2021.

22 hours ago, KBrote said:

Sounds good! Thanks. Anne and Paul

Our cruise is very port intensive with no sea days. We leave port every day between 4:00 at the earliest to 9:00pm on a couple nights. So 2:00 - 3:00 in the afternoon won't work. I have emailed Groups OCI to see what night the Captain's Reception will be. I am leaning towards 6:00 on either the first or second night depending on what they say. 

I heard back from the Groups OCI person. The captain's Party is on the second night, October 25, from 5:00 - 6:00pm. The First Timers Party is on night 4, Oct. 27, and the repeat guest's party is on Oct. 30. I think having our meet & mingle at 6:00pm on the second night right at the end at the Captain's Party makes sense. That way people don't have to schedule a separate meeting. I will be contacting all the folks in our Roll Call to see what they think. Thanks for your advice everyone.

1 minute ago, KBrote said:

I heard back from the Groups OCI person. The captain's Party is on the second night, October 25, from 5:00 - 6:00pm. The First Timers Party is on night 4, Oct. 27, and the repeat guest's party is on Oct. 30. I think having our meet & mingle at 6:00pm on the second night right at the end at the Captain's Party makes sense. That way people don't have to schedule a separate meeting. I will be contacting all the folks in our Roll Call to see what they think. Thanks for your advice everyone.

Plus  free drinks  until about 8Pm usually  😀

• Like 1

I am thinking of having our meet & mingle on the second night, the night of the Captain's Party, at 6:00pm, when the party is winding down. I figure most will be there anyway and can just find us at the spot we designate for our meeting without having to schedule a different night. Is the Captain's Party in Horizons? Where would be a good place to tell people to meet? Mid lounge, starboard side? Mid Lounge, port side? Any other suggestions are appreciated.

2 hours ago, KBrote said:

I am thinking of having our meet & mingle on the second night, the night of the Captain's Party, at 6:00pm, when the party is winding down. I figure most will be there anyway and can just find us at the spot we designate for our meeting without having to schedule a different night. Is the Captain's Party in Horizons? Where would be a good place to tell people to meet? Mid lounge, starboard side? Mid Lounge, port side? Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Maybe on the port side just in front of the smoking section (it is enclosed) 

then might be easy to find  your group

The Captain's Party on Sirena will be in the lounge on Deck 5. 

Horizons is a good place to meet. People would just have to move up a few decks if they want to attend both. 

How did you find out this info? What type of lounge is on deck 5? I may want to have the get together there so people don't have to leave the area. But maybe Horizons is better anyway...We have not been on the ship so I don't know which would be better. 

31 minutes ago, KBrote said:

How did you find out this info? What type of lounge is on deck 5? I may want to have the get together there so people don't have to leave the area. But maybe Horizons is better anyway...We have not been on the ship so I don't know which would be better. 

No matter where you have it you will be competing with the  "free drink" crowds  😉

The lounge is where the evening show is held

image.thumb.png.501982ce9327e998ee0a927a2d3f90d8.png

On the R class ships, the Captain's Party is in the lounge. It's only on the larger ships where it's in Horizons.  It wouldn't be feasible to have your group in the lounge because the bar won't be open. It will close after the Captain's party and won't reopen until the 9:30 show.  

Good to know. If we have 25 people should we just move over to Martini's or should we go up to Horizons since there is more room there? Martini's would be convenient since its on the same floor as the lounge and the GDR. But want to make sure we have enough room. Thanks!