UK Insurance company - pre existing medical conditions

sandancer

During the past year my DH has developed some medical problems and the insurer we have been with for several years now refuses to cover him. I think the problem is that he is on steroids and they consider that to be high risk even though he does not have a life threatening condition or aterminal diagnosis. We are expecting it to be very costly but necessary. Anyone able to recommend an insurance company who would provide cover?

• I posted this question in Ask a Cruise Question and was advised that this forum might be more suitable. 

5 hours ago, sandancer said:

During the past year my DH has developed some medical problems and the insurer we have been with for several years now refuses to cover him. I think the problem is that he is on steroids and they consider that to be high risk even though he does not have a life threatening condition or aterminal diagnosis. We are expecting it to be very costly but necessary. Anyone able to recommend an insurance company who would provide cover?

• I posted this question in Ask a Cruise Question and was advised that this forum might be more suitable. 

@sandancer

I suggest you repost on the UK Cruisers forum. There will be more of our UK members there that are familiar with UK insurance companies.

Hope this will be helpful!

Host Kat

Hi Sanddancer.  A South Shields girl I think, best in the world.  Try Insurancewith.co.uk or Staysure.

I used Insurancewith  last year after breast cancer surgery.  I got a year's policy with cruise extension and I thought the cost was quite reasonable.  Good luck from another sanddancer

Thanks hinny. We have gone with Staysure. Cost a bomb but hey ho, we don’t plan to give up cruising anytime soon and we can’t take it with us. I told my son we are spending his inheritance cruise by cruise by cruise. He said that’s ok I wasn’t expecting anything except the car and maybe £50. I said not to count on the £50.