Unusual Elegant Night dress :)

canwegonow

Our 5-day cruise on the Sunrise leaves on October 30. The next day is the first sea day, which normally makes it Elegant Night--but it's also Halloween. For those of you who've sailed over Halloween, do they generally adjust Elegant Night if it falls on 10/31? I mean, we're taking costumes, but I doubt they'd be within dress code!

Also, now that the new menus are being phased in, has anyone seen which ones get used for a 5-night cruise, specifically for that potentially-costumed Elegant Night? The menus I've seen are all for a week or longer.

Thanks to anyone with some insight!

I wouldnt worry about dress code. I always see people in shorts, jeans and tshirts on elegant night. Carnival definitely isn't Cunard when it comes to elegant night dress code enforcement.

I have even stopped taking suits and ties on cruises anymore. Elegant night for me is a nice pair of slacks or nice jeans and a nice shirt.

In fact, now that I think of it, I don't even think there is an actual "dress code" for dinner anymore. I believe they just have "suggested attire" now.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 3

They may move elegant night but I can't recall a time when elegant night wasn't the second night of a 5 day cruise. So I'd say it's unlikely they'll move elegant night.

1 hour ago, stobe1 said:

In fact, now that I think of it, I don't even think there is an actual "dress code" for dinner anymore. I believe they just have "suggested attire" now.

The app still says certain clothing items aren't allowed etc. But in terms of enforcement, nobody cares. At least not in the MDR. I don't know how the dress code is enforced for specialty dining.

38 minutes ago, mz-s said:

They may move elegant night but I can't recall a time when elegant night wasn't the second night of a 5 day cruise. So I'd say it's unlikely they'll move elegant night.

The app still says certain clothing items aren't allowed etc. But in terms of enforcement, nobody cares. At least not in the MDR. I don't know how the dress code is enforced for specialty dining.

You mean I can't show up in a wife beater undershirt, cutoff jean shorts and flipflops? 😄

3 hours ago, canwegonow said:

Our 5-day cruise on the Sunrise leaves on October 30. The next day is Elegant Night. do they generally adjust Elegant Night if it falls on 10/31?

2 hours ago, canwegonow said:

I just meant, will they move elegant night if it's on Halloween?

Hi @canwegonow🙂

For many years that I can remember, on regular length Carnival sailings, if Halloween falls on an elegant evening, it will not be moved. I've only seen Halloween Elegant evenings moved on long voyages, such as a (for example) 12 to 14-night Journeys sailing or a Transatlantic sailing. Expect a Halloween Elegant evening combo. You'll have a blast!

Have a terrific sailing!

🍹

• Thanks 1

Every night is Halloween on Carnival ships. That's how it appears to be anyhow. I've seen it all. Thong bikinis to formal sequin gowns, every day and night of the year. There's no accounting for taste (or the lack of it). It's named 'Carnival', after all. 

• Haha 2

I feel like Elegant night is the perfect night to have halloween...  they've already got all of the photo spots set up and they can likely sell MORE photos, as folks will get pics taken of themselves in costume

if I was on a cruise ship on Halloween, I wouldn't want them to reschedule Elegant night because of it!