Pacific adventurer Salt grill dinner

windsor26

Not the Pacific Adventure, but a couple on our recent Pacific Encounter cruise went to the Salt Grill restaurant and were very happy with it. They said it cost a bit over $200 for the two of them including wine. Apparently the menu is priced differently from when we went several years ago when it was a set price. Now diners may for each individual item (or that is what I understood this couple to say).

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Not the Pacific Adventure, but a couple on our recent Pacific Encounter cruise went to the Salt Grill restaurant and were very happy with it. They said it cost a bit over $200 for the two of them including wine. Apparently the menu is priced differently from when we went several years ago when it was a set price. Now diners may for each individual item (or that is what I understood this couple to say).

The menu has a la carte pricing, but that is just if you want bits of the menu or extras. 

They also have complete 2 or 3 course set meal pricing, as they had previously.

2 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Has anyone tried this  Is there plenty of choice and is it worth the money - what price today

Also for us, our last Luke Mangan dinner was on Explorer last year. It is essentially a steakhouse menu, but still has plenty of choice, and a 3 course set menu is approx $70pp.

Personally, I think it is a great meal, worth the money and at least on par with any other specialty steakhouse at sea. Whether it is value for money vs the included meal in the Waterfront, that is a personal choice.

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

Thank you both   as it was called the salt grill I thought it might all be fish

I found our menu from last year. Apologies that the capture included my volume bar, which blocked out some of the individual pricing when I was doing a screen capture. The important pricing is down the bottom. Last year, that was $54pp for 3 courses. It has gone up a bit since, and I am hearing it may go up by a couple more dollars soon. I believe that the menu has also changed slightly earlier this year.

3 courses gives you bread, oil & dukkah, a starter from "Salad & Things, a main/sauce/side. The sides are sharable. It might be nice to pay for an extra side, but you will struggle to get through it all. I would happily finish this with any of those three desserts.

It is high-end, and has regularly been one of the highlights of our P&O cruises.

SaltGrill2022.thumb.jpg.ae03c890cf9efbb7d5581d816a875dec.jpg