Queen Mary 2 Covid protocol.

CHACruiser

Realistically it cannot now change either, no vaccination requirement.

In the UK we now only vaccinate those over 65 years old, those with auto-immune conditions and some employment groups. So the great majority of people are no longer vaccinated and even if a decision was made to change that tomorrow, given the current stock of vaccines and the timelines, then by 15 December the status is not going to change. As someone who works in this field, I would urge those eligible to get their COVID-19 vaccines, plus the influenza vaccine, in the next few weeks. Otherwise I will see you on board.

• Like 2

We have had all our vaccinations as they have become available. I know 4 people who died from covid, so am well aware of how serious it can be. However, I now tend to treat it like flu ( yes that can be fatal too). I treat covid with respect but not fear.  Despite masking up and avoiding crowds on our 2022 cruise (masks were still common then) we developed covid within days of returning home. Something that can happen anywhere, anytime. It’s still around and with new variations -  2 of my grandsons currently have it. I don’t plan on wearing a mask unless there is a widespread outbreak onboard. 

What is the current protocol onboard if you pick up covid during your cruise?

22 minutes ago, TowandaUK said:

We have had all our vaccinations as they have become available. I know 4 people who died from covid, so am well aware of how serious it can be. However, I now tend to treat it like flu ( yes that can be fatal too). I treat covid with respect but not fear.  Despite masking up and avoiding crowds on our 2022 cruise (masks were still common then) we developed covid within days of returning home. Something that can happen anywhere, anytime. It’s still around and with new variations -  2 of my grandsons currently have it. I don’t plan on wearing a mask unless there is a widespread outbreak onboard. 

What is the current protocol onboard if you pick up covid during your cruise?

In May, I was confined to our cabin, but my husband wasn’t, though he was tested every day, and couldn’t consume things in the bars and restaurants. Don’t know if there have been any changes since.

• Thanks 1

This was one of the many questions I was preparing to ask so pleased that a few people are still concerned.Having been isolated during the 2021 Caribbean cruise we are trying to prepare for as much as possible.

Does anyone know if not having covid proof will be applicable from Brooklyn as we board for our Christmas/New Year 2023 cruise?

Also are any of the islands asking for proof?

Of course we will be taking our own test kits , but do you just inform the medical centre if you test positive?
We are both getting our latest covid/flu vaccines next week.I know all this sounds a bit “over the top” but we are hoping to have a fabulous time.

Our best wishes hope to meet some of you on board,we will be the ones with balaclava’s and rubber gloves!,,

3 minutes ago, Millieloulou said:

This was one of the many questions I was preparing to ask so pleased that a few people are still concerned.Having been isolated during the 2021 Caribbean cruise we are trying to prepare for as much as possible.

Does anyone know if not having covid proof will be applicable from Brooklyn as we board for our Christmas/New Year 2023 cruise?

Of course we will be taking our own test kits , but do you just inform the medical centre if you test positive?
We are both getting our latest covid/flu vaccines next week.I know all this sounds a bit “over the top” but we are hoping to have a fabulous time.

Our best wishes hope to meet some of you on board,we will be the ones with balaclava’s and rubber gloves!,,

I hadn’t tested myself, but had a slight sore throat and felt as if I had a cold. As we were about to go to the WC party, I thought I better have a test, just to check, and rang up the medical centre. Someone appeared more or less immediately and rang up with the bad news not long after.

1 hour ago, Millieloulou said:

This was one of the many questions I was preparing to ask so pleased that a few people are still concerned. Having been isolated during the 2021 Caribbean cruise we are trying to prepare for as much as possible.

We will be on the Christmas/New Year's cruise also. Hope to meet you. 

1 hour ago, Millieloulou said:

No proof required in Brooklyn either and currently no islands are requiring BUT there is a new strain circulating and the islands are vulnerable so please pack your proof so you are prepared should anything change.

• Like 2

Thankyou so much for your responses.

We are hoping so much that we will be able to enjoy our voyage without worrying about getting ill.We still of memories of the phone ringing in our cabin and the doctor telling us we couldn’t fly home and would sail back to Southampton.I was quite poorly but we were so well looked after.And the food (when we were better) was fabulous.

Glad no checks to get us on board and to Spirit rev lets hope we can all party.

ps .Have enjoyed all day the responses of QM2 Mixed Reviews!,,,

• Like 2