Nutritional Information - including "sugar free" desserts

zigzaggery

Hello,

Wondering whether anyone has had any luck finding nutritional information, including for "sugar free" desserts. I have to watch sugar/carbs and like to keep track of protein, fat, etc. That being said, would like to indulge a little - I AM on vacation!

Would it help for me to reach out to customer service?

Any insight appreciated. 

Thanks,

Jennifer 

1 hour ago, zigzaggery said:

Hello,

Wondering whether anyone has had any luck finding nutritional information, including for "sugar free" desserts. I have to watch sugar/carbs and like to keep track of protein, fat, etc. That being said, would like to indulge a little - I AM on vacation!

Any insight appreciated. 

Thanks,

Jennifer 

I don’t think CS on the phone tree would have a clue.  JMO

You may need to speak with the DRO once OB the ship, who will work with the Head Chef.  

But, there are some really good suggestions from CC members on this thread:

I have asked about the sugar free desserts on the buffet. They had to go find one of the chefs that made it. He had to go find the box/bag with the ingredients on it. Seems that they all have one of the sugar alcohols (not common ones either) in place of sugar. This was 3-4 years ago, but I believe it's probably the same now. I have to limit sugar alcohols as they can cause intestinal distress depending on type and amount, but I have one if it looks appealing a couple of times a cruise.

I think to expect Princess to send out their recipes to a food lab to get the nutrition facts is setting the bar too high.  Sometimes the galley, has to make due with the ingredients they have and the recipe changes from time to time.  Just as your local restaurants (not fast food) don't have nutrition facts for their menu items.  If it's a dessert, expect it to have sugar or sugar alternatives.  Use your best judgement and don't overindulge.

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2023 at 12:05 PM, zigzaggery said:

Hello,

Any insight appreciated. 

Thanks,

Jennifer 

Caribbean Princess had Sugar Free Desserts at all Dinners. Also sugar free Ice Cream at Ice Cream Bar

I use a food app. I put in the food and it brings up a list of homemade/brand name items to choose from.  I guesstimate which one the Princess dish is close to and put it in. The fat/protein/sugar ratios are usually pretty close for a specific dish.