10 Night Enchanted Princess "lobster night" question..

big al

Hi all- DW & I are going on a 10 night Enchanted Princess cruise 3/17-3/27/24..a few questions if anybody has done a recent 10 night cruise on her: 1) Are they still doing a lobster tail night, and are they charging more if you want an extra lobster tail?..2) In the past, I found it was usually the 2nd to last night of the cruise..we are in Grand Turk from 1:30 to 7 pm on Mon ( 2nd to last night..last night is at sea..)..this leads me to believe that the "Captain's Dinner " (often called) might be Sunday, 3/23/24 when we are in St. Thomas form 8a- 4 pm..makes more sense to me because of the departure time..what do you think or if anybody has done a similar 10 nighter, please advise...Thanks!

Big Al

43 minutes ago, big al said:

Hi all- DW & I are going on a 10 night Enchanted Princess cruise 3/17-3/27/24..a few questions if anybody has done a recent 10 night cruise on her: 1) Are they still doing a lobster tail night, and are they charging more if you want an extra lobster tail?..2) In the past, I found it was usually the 2nd to last night of the cruise..we are in Grand Turk from 1:30 to 7 pm on Mon ( 2nd to last night..last night is at sea..)..this leads me to believe that the "Captain's Dinner " (often called) might be Sunday, 3/23/24 when we are in St. Thomas form 8a- 4 pm..makes more sense to me because of the departure time..what do you think or if anybody has done a similar 10 nighter, please advise...Thanks!

Big Al

New Winter season voyage, but you have correctly deduced that your second formal/dress-to-impress night will be St Thomas because the Grand Turk is a late departure.  Lobster tails come the second night.

There have been reports of offer of surf and turf meal.  Or surf.  Or turf.  Extra tail $10.  That said, I would posit the case for TWO tails free if having only surf because the second tail is in lieu of the steak.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

There have been reports of offer of surf and turf meal.  Or surf.  Or turf.  Extra tail $10.  That said, I would posit the case for TWO tails free if having only surf because the second tail is in lieu of the steak.

What about two turf's in place of the lobster? 

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

New Winter season voyage, but you have correctly deduced that your second formal/dress-to-impress night will be St Thomas because the Grand Turk is a late departure.  Lobster tails come the second night.

I don't enjoy lobster so asked for two steaks - was told yes but there would be a $10 charge so DH got mine.

• Like 1

Frankly, the lobster tails are not really worth it anymore.  Small and not a very good quality, IMO.  Now, on the Statendam last year, they were HUGE and delicious in the specialty restaurant. Princess seems to have one size/quality in the Grill and a different one (smaller and less quality) everywhere else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stoneharborlady said:

In light of their penny pinching these days, I would be surprised if they would allow that.  Has anyone actually been seated twice for dinner on the same day?

In the past, yes, we have.... but that was only for dessert not another meal. 

If they actually had to keep track of the people entering the DR's they would also have to keep track of what meals they ate at each sitting.

It sounds like a lot of extra work for all involved. 

41 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It sounds like a lot of extra work for all involved. 

No extra work at all because you are being tracked via your medallion the entire cruise and the data is already there.  They not only know if you went to the MDR twice, they know everywhere you went the entire cruise and for how long. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dns65 said:

No extra work at all because you are being tracked via your medallion the entire cruise and the data is already there.  They not only know if you went to the MDR twice, they know everywhere you went the entire cruise and for how long. 

But they don't know what you ate or how much at dinner unless the waiters are keeping track of it, which I doubt.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 7:27 AM, big al said:

DW & I are going on a 10 night Enchanted Princess cruise 3/17-3/27/24.

I think I've seen folks posting pictures of new menus with some verbiage about extra charges for lobster tails. 😢 

We're on your sailing March 17th! Nice to see fellow traveler on the boards!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fleur25 said:

I think I've seen folks posting pictures of new menus with some verbiage about extra charges for lobster tails. 😢 

We're on your sailing March 17th! Nice to see fellow traveler on the boards!

For sure I will get at least some lobster in the Crown Grill and Rudi's, both we expect to dine in with our 2 included specialty dining dinners...nice to see you too for our 3/17 cruise!!

Big Al

• Like 1