San Diego hop on hop off bus worth it?

A little Google searching would find:

https://www.trolleytours.com/san-diego/hop-on-hop-off

As to worth, that is totally subjective. Have been to many of the sites...they are primarily is a pretty compact area downtown, or accessible by the light rail, or in the case of Coronado, by ferry.

Hop on Hop off always have the benefit of being a good, quick intro to a city or area. We have done hop on hop off in many cities for this purpose, then decide if there is something is of interest to us to get off on subsequent runs past that stop.

Rome is a notable exception to the value of hop on hop off.

14 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

A little Google searching would find:

https://www.trolleytours.com/san-diego/hop-on-hop-off

As to worth, that is totally subjective. Have been to many of the sites...they are primarily is a pretty compact area downtown, or accessible by the light rail, or in the case of Coronado, by ferry.

Hop on Hop off always have the benefit of being a good, quick intro to a city or area. We have done hop on hop off in many cities for this purpose, then decide if there is something is of interest to us to get off on subsequent runs past that stop.

Rome is a notable exception to the value of hop on hop off.

Thanks for the post.  Yes my quick google search found the one link you showed.  I did ask if there was more than 1 company, I probably could have put in the link to the one I had found to save confusion, sorry my bad.

I agree hop on hop off is always subjective, as it sounds like you are familiar with the area would you recommend it for San Diego?

1 hour ago, Woody14 said:

Thanks for the post.  Yes my quick google search found the one link you showed.  I did ask if there was more than 1 company, I probably could have put in the link to the one I had found to save confusion, sorry my bad.

I agree hop on hop off is always subjective, as it sounds like you are familiar with the area would you recommend it for San Diego?

I have been there dozen or more times, with another trip coming up in March, so a hop on hop off doesn't appeal to me. But that is just us.

The Hop On Hop Off serves some peoples needs, but it doesn't go all the places I'd recommend and it is slow (to me). If I had two or three places I wanted to see (Coronado, La Jolla Village, Old Town) I'd Uber or use the SD Metro light rail (also called SD Trolley).

• Like 3