Cruise Line private island rankings?

havanadaydreaming

I dont have a lot of experience with private islands owned or operated by cruise lines but i was wondering which ones are your favorite(s)? What's the best thing(s) about a CCL private island? 

(We had an itinerary change with CCL and missed out on Half Moon.  The only one we've been to is NCL's Great Stirrup Cay, 2x.  And missed it once due to high waves. It was verrrrrrry nice that the ship drink package transferred to land!) 

• Like 1

In order for me:

Half Moon Cay

Princess Cays

Harvest Key, Belize (NCL)

Coco Cay (before Perfect Day. Havent visited since all the upgrades).

I have not visited Disney's private island or MSC Ocean Cay, so I cannot rank them.

I can say that I prefer serene instead of amusement park style islands which is why I am skeptical about Perfect Day, but I enjoyed Coco Cay last time I was there before all the upgrades and I rank HMC as #1.

I will be eager to see exactly what Carnival has in store for Celebration Key. Will they go all out amusement park style? Or will be it half and half? 

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 2

I thought Harvest Caye was just another Amber Cove/Grand Turk.  Mahogany Bay could also be considered a private port.  As for Ocean Cay, if you want serene, this is it.  At least six beaches so not crowded.  They had to reclaim everything from industrial waste so the palm trees are still growing.  Water sports but no horseback riding…Buffet plus food trucks for burgers, etc.  All are free except the seafood truck.  EM