POA - Hawaii LIVE Sep 30, 2023

carohs

2 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha.  Lol. I have been doing it about every six weeks for 10 years. I generally fly premium economy and a few times first class but that is a waste because I sleep most of the time. By the way, if you are flying Hawaiian home they have On The Rocks Mai Tai. It is probably as close to a real Mai Tai as you can get. Liquor stores now sell it. Restaurants cannot make a good Mai Tai on the east coast and most cruise ships either. They use grenadine and in Hawaii they do not. I have yet to have a Mai Tai in Hawaii I did not like. Enjoy!

I had my first Mai Tai on my first visit to Hawaii in 1978.

Fantastic!

I haven't had anything close since. Some, in fact were terrible (Captain Morgan's?).

• Like 1

After the parade we walked to the pier. Good news is it's not as hot as yesterday. Unfortunately it's still 84° and a 30 min walk. Embarkation was straightforward. We got there and it appears a few people were still waiting for their boarding group to be called. We were able to walk right in and head to lunch after checking in. Food was...meh. The brisket actually was really good and so was the German chocolate cake. Lots of toasted coconutty goodness. Kids are checked into Splash after having signed the customary acknowledgement they may hurt themselves. And I finally got a Mai Tai 🙂

• Like 5

10 hours ago, carohs said:

11 hours! I don't think I could do a flight that long. I would get figetty and it's not like anybody on the flight would appreciate me pacing either just to stretch out for a bit. 

We do 16 hours JFK to Manila, they expect people to walk around every couple of hours for health reasons, but many go into drug induced sleep.  The one time we flew to SF first then Manila it was a longer trip, felt more exhausted than doing 16 hours nonstop.  Always fly economy.

• Like 1

Aloha!  We're on this same cruise and just found your postings.  Thanks.

Question.  We're coming into Maui now and overnighter.  Do you know why there is an all-aboard time of 5:30pm on our daily schedule?  I figured ww could record at any time.

25 minutes ago, NellieVA said:

Aloha!  We're on this same cruise and just found your postings.  Thanks.

Question.  We're coming into Maui now and overnighter.  Do you know why there is an all-aboard time of 5:30pm on our daily schedule?  I figured ww could record at any time.

Aloha. Ya. If you look closely that says Monday. It's 530 tomorrow all aboard 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Molokai-Chuck said:

Great following your posts! Looking forward to you week in 

the Islands.

Could please if possible post the "Freestyle Daily" paper for us?

Thanks....

Molokai-Chuck

I had some technical difficulties yesterday. I assumed it was NCL because their website and user interfaces tend to be horrible but I finally figured out the issue. I could use the app and all but couldn't download until I signed into the network. Once your phone takes you to the Internet page to login, you don't have to log in but you do have to take the additional step of using the network as-is. I really hate the 3 dots, I never see them unless I know I'm looking for em. As soon as I did that I got 152 dailies downloaded to my phone. 

Screenshot_20231001_061358_Captive Portal Login~2.jpg

• Like 1

So catching up now while DH does his morning walk and brings me my joe. Now if he's thinking he might add some Johnny to my Joe but I don't expect so.

Yesterday we got a few announcements between 2:45ish that 12 and 13 were ready til maybe 3:05 that all decks were ready. Btw, still haven't figured out who our stewart is. After the Mai Tai I moved on to a Blue Hawaiian, but in between found my children who weren't lost just separated mid relocation without parental notification. Had to have another conversation about the buddy system 😕 and communication. Then we went to put our stuff in the stateroom while we explored, including my phone which needed charging. DH has photos tho I may be able to snag these later. Got a water too; they gave me a 500ml Flow. After exploring, we took a much needed nap, woke up, and caught the tail end of sailaway. Not very many participants. 

Coffee review: not as horrible as on the Jewel still not great. But I've become more and more particular since investing in a mill steamer frother and flavor syrups for home. I'm just not gonna get that unless I go to Starbucks. 

We got the clear to debark a few min before 8. We made our way down and were off ship by 8:02 and at the longs parking lot by 8:15. We had reserved an Uber otw and there were lots of cars available. We hopped right in and made it to the airport by 8:30 and now we're at Ho'okipa feet in tide pools.

• Like 2

We are booking this cruise for next spring and I was investigating the specialty restaurants.  The NCL website says the East Meets West and Sushi are not available and I don't see them listed on your daily.  Do you know if these are just temporarily closed or has something replaced them?  Excited to follow along as we start our planning!

3 hours ago, GACRUISER456 said:

We are booking this cruise for next spring and I was investigating the specialty restaurants.  The NCL website says the East Meets West and Sushi are not available and I don't see them listed on your daily.  Do you know if these are just temporarily closed or has something replaced them?  Excited to follow along as we start our planning!

Sorry I don't have any info on that.

3 hours ago, GACRUISER456 said:

Sorry I don't have any info on that.

It's been one long day. I can't believe how many things we skipped and yet still filled our day. Between sight seeing and lack of service I just couldn't update along the way. Total picture count is 580; steps 14.5k. Most pix were taken while moving so I was unable to capture the true beauty surrounding us. The greenery was incredibly beautiful and majestic. I understand now why they say that the Road to Hana is about the journey. I would do it all again.