Kona to LA

Baggy178

Probably a dumb question this as my wife says I'm very good at asking those but is there such a thing as a cruise one way from Kona to LA ?

Trying to hook up with a TA flight from LA but without doing an overnight stop.

Hawaiian Airlines do a morning flight but is so expensive ATM I'd rather spend the time and money on a ship as we're in no hurry.

Thanks it advance. 

Just say your wife is right if you need to ... 😉

No, there can't be a cruise from from one US port to another, without a distant foreign port stop. The closest might be Fanning Island, but I think its even further away, like South America.

Embarking and disembarking a cruise from a tender port is also very rare, usually reserved for the smallest ships.

On 10/1/2023 at 7:00 AM, Baggy178 said:

Probably a dumb question this as my wife says I'm very good at asking those but is there such a thing as a cruise one way from Kona to LA ?

As Bruce said, no on this routing specifically from Kona but there are one way cruises from Honolulu that stop at various islands and then continues onto the West Coast (usually Vancouver but you can find a few that go to San Diego with a stop at Ensenada, Mexico to satisfy the US shipping laws). They also tend to be on the longer side-- 10-14 days. 

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

As Bruce said, no on this routing specifically from Kona but there are one way cruises from Honolulu that stop at various islands and then continues onto the West Coast (usually Vancouver but you can find a few that go to San Diego with a stop at Ensenada, Mexico to satisfy the US shipping laws). They also tend to be on the longer side-- 10-14 days. 

Sorry, but due to the PSVA, you can't sail from any Hawaiian island to a US West Coast port. That is why the one way cruises sail from, or to, Vancouver. Ensenada doesn't meet the requirements of a distant foreign port. It only meets the requirement of a foreign port for the round trips from the mainland.

There is an exception for the Pride of America they use to go to the mainland for drydock services.