Iceland, Norway, Scotland cruise - itinerary change

taba

I booked a 2024 14-day Northern Isles cruise a few weeks ago. The stateroom I wanted on the port side was booked, but the same stateroom on the starboard side was available, so I booked that one. There were about twice as many starboard staterooms available. The ship would sailing counter clockwise around Iceland, so I think people preferred that view. 

Last week the itinerary changed and now the ship will be sailing clockwise around Iceland. I hope those that wanted the staterooms that would be facing Iceland while the ship is sailing will be discover the change.

Yes. I have been on several cruises and understand that. What I noticed was that the majority of people had picked port side staterooms when the ship was going counterclockwise. This was just a heads up in case it mattered to someone. 

I picked starboard for the stateroom location and deck. In my mind tha

t was the best available stateroom in my category. At the time,  I wasn't worried about which side of the ship was facing shore.

As far as night goes, this is an early July cruise around Iceland. Sunset is around 2130 and sunrise is around 0330. Twilight is the rest of the night. There may be some nice views from my balcony everyonce in a while.

1 hour ago, taba said:

Yes. I have been on several cruises and understand that. What I noticed was that the majority of people had picked port side staterooms when the ship was going counterclockwise. This was just a heads up in case it mattered to someone. 

I picked starboard for the stateroom location and deck. In my mind tha

t was the best available stateroom in my category. At the time,  I wasn't worried about which side of the ship was facing shore.

As far as night goes, this is an early July cruise around Iceland. Sunset is around 2130 and sunrise is around 0330. Twilight is the rest of the night. There may be some nice views from my balcony everyonce in a while.

Ships also head offshore > 12 miles, so you generally don't see more shoreline except the first and last hour.