Photo Tour Recommendations for Ports in Ireland? Waterford, Dingle, Galway, Cork

My husband (75) and I (66) will be on the Norwegian Star in May 2024 and my husband is an avid amateur photographer.  We really wanted to rent a car and make it a land trip but, long story short, my husband is unable to drive a rental car in Ireland (I'll spare you the details of why unless anybody is really interested).  So we decided to do this cruise and either I'll drive a rental car for the day at the various ports or we'll sign up for a photography tour.  Waterford and Dingle are the ones we really need a tour for, since it doesn't look like rental cars are available in those towns.  But Galway and Cork could also be good places for a tour if one is available.  We'll definitely rent a car for Dublin and for some reason my husband really wants to do the ship's excursion to the Giant's Causeway in Belfast, so those 2 ports are covered.

Does anybody have recommendations for photography-oriented tours, especially in Waterford and Dingle?  We can do some easy hiking but are not really hikers.We wouldn't mind a small group of people with us, especially if they're also into photography, or it could be just the 2 of us. 

Thanks for any advice!

Just a heads up about Galway … it has the WORST traffic in the entire country! It’s a small city, more a town by most standards and it’s easy to walk around, but it is a complete nightmare for driving. I say this as someone from the neighbouring county and have driven in many places around Western Europe and the USA , Galway has the worst traffic.   Get a guided tour, it’s an incredibly popular tourist destination. You may see ads for the Cliffs of Moher, this is literally a stones throw from my home village, it is a solid 90mins drive to get there from Galway city. Very scenic roads if you go via the Burren, but narrow and windy with intermittent road signs.  

• 2 weeks later...

WE just got back from the Princess 10-day British Isles cruise....

we used Paddywagon tours in Cobh/Cork.... thought they did a great job, they have tours out of many towns, not just that one.

we used Odyssey tours at Belfast for the Giants Causeway... ditto, great excursion.  Lots of stops for photos as well as lunch in a small town.

From what we saw, it is possible to do the trains from the ports, and some people do.. not sure about driving, at least we wouldn't do it.  Enjoy!

3 hours ago, Tak8 said:

ABQrobin:  Did you do the full day tour from Cork? How much time did you have in Kinsale?

We did the one that is listed as Small Group... we went to the Distillery tour instead of Kinsale.  Yes, it was a full 8 hours.  Had a great time.  I should be posting the video of it in the next few days.