Shuttles in Scotland ports

mare s.

15 hours ago, mare s. said:

For those who have been on Scotland intensive cruises, did Azamara provide shuttles to city centers?   If so, in which ports?

TIA

mare

They provide a shuttle in Edinburgh, but I can’t remember offhand which other ports (if any) had them last July. I used to take home every day’s Insider, but I’m trying to clean out all my junk so have been throwing them out.

None in Invergordon or Greenoch. Inverness and Glasgow are quite a distance…you can take the train if you don’t want to to do tours.  In Lerwick (Shetland Islands) and Kirkwall (Orkney Islands) we had shuttles In Oban and Stornaway (Isle of Lewis) we tendered directly to the town. I hope you make it into Edinburgh — we didn’t on Journey in August due to rough seas and difficulty getting through the locks. Ended up docking in Rosyth about 45 minutes away.

We were told they might provide a shuttle to Greenock station in the future as it was a fairly  long walk and the maps provided were not helpful. 

If you do Dock in Rosyth like us the port staff were great in contacting taxis as there was no public transport nearby. Dunfermline is worth a visit if you don't want to go to Edinburgh.

• Like 1