What happens if I paid for gratuities twice?

marvelous35

I booked a cruise prior to the changes to the All Included packages.  If I have gratuities included in that, plus I also prepaid for gratuities, what happens if I do nothing?  Will the prepaid gratuities be refunded?  Or will everyone get gratuities twice?

• Haha 1

How did you prepay gratuities if you have an AI package that includes gratuities?  If it allowed you to do that somehow, it is a glitch that I would not assume will get fixed without you (or your TA) contacting Celebrity.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

How did you prepay gratuities if you have an AI package that includes gratuities?  If it allowed you to do that somehow, it is a glitch that I would not assume will get fixed without you (or your TA) contacting Celebrity.  

Over the years when I have booked directly with Celebrity, it takes a  week or 2  for the  AI included tips to show up as paid on the booking. It leads to all sorts of screwy stuff like being prompted to prepay tips, or having an extra few hundred dollars showing due on your reservation. Definitely confusing if you don't know about this glitch.

Of course, as of October4 they've solved the problem by not including tips in AI anymore 😂

If you booked the PrePaid Gratuities on line all you need to do is log on under Purchase History cancel them and they will be refunded immediatly.

If booked in other method contact who you purchased the gratuities form Celebrity or Agent and have them cancel.   I would never expect Celebrity IT to do anything automatically.

• Like 2