Does Carnival usually have sorbet?

i get sorbet in the MDR.  it's not usually on the menu.  last cruise they had 4 different flavors available every night in MDR.  i didn't know about it and the server asked what i wanted.  i said i wanted something different.  she brought me 3 different flavors for my dessert :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mpacker said:

i get sorbet in the MDR.  it's not usually on the menu.  last cruise they had 4 different flavors available every night in MDR.  i didn't know about it and the server asked what i wanted.  i said i wanted something different.  she brought me 3 different flavors for my dessert 🙂

Thank you! I’m definitely going to ask. 

I've only had it the main dining room and it's not really on the menu as mentioned.  I get Pinapple sorbet most every night since most of the desserts involve chocolate or nuts. I know they have orange and lime as well. 

Edited by starstruck05
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, starstruck05 said:

I've only had it the main dining room and it's not really on the menu as mentioned.  I get Pinapple sorbet most every night since most of the desserts involve chocolate or nuts. I know they have orange and lime as well. 

Oooh I love pineapple but I will be happy to have any flavor!

Lol the waiters always called it sherbet in the Mdr. Has it changed? Or are they the same thing. Yes I've gotten it in the Mdr and flavors vary. Rainbow, to pineapple. Just never heard it called sorbet. 

I think I saw it on vista in the front of the buffet area, very limited hours during lunch and called sorbet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol the waiters always called it sherbet in the Mdr. Has it changed? Or are they the same thing. Yes I've gotten it in the Mdr and flavors vary. Rainbow, to pineapple. Just never heard it called sorbet. 

I think I saw it on vista in the front of the buffet area, very limited hours during lunch and called sorbet.

I know there is it the area where they serve the gelato?

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

22 minutes ago, Sjdcella said:

You definitely want to make sure it's Sorbet vs Sherbet if you're allergic to dairy, as Sherbet has cream in it.

Yes Sherbet is not dairy free so I will make sure I specify. Gotta be extra careful if they have both!

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think you saw the gelato churning station located in the buffet area at lunch only on Vista class ships. 

Gelato 2.jpg

Edited by rainbowflag
  • Like 2

Carnival didn't have sorbet, except on ships with the steakhouse. Supposedly it is on the new menus, but I haven't seen them in person yet.  My daughter has a severe dairy allergy, so we are keeping track of it.

https://profcruise.com/carnivals-new-dinner-menus/

Edited by vwrestler171