Royal App

Is any one else having problems with the app?

I have deleted and reinstalled at least three times and I still get the banner .." sorry we have hit a snag...."

We are 7 months out, but I would still like it to be working.

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm assuming you are on a phone not a tablet. It used to work on tablets, but rcl stopped supporting tablets. When you download it is there any wording about compatibility? 

Do you have an old tablet? Is that why it isn’t compatible?

I use an iPad without a problem and family members use android tablets without a problem. 

Edited by c-leg5

46 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I use an iPad without a problem and family members use android tablets without a problem. 

Nope, everyone's tablet quit working. I have a top of the line samsung tablet I use for gaming. Best nvidia card for 3d, storage, lots of major programs. 

I mentioned it when I wrote them once before and they tried to say that excuse too. I have seen everyone by then also quit working.

One of the tech guys I cant remember now who in cc posted a link I downloaded and now I can use the app on my tablet, but cant upgrade it. Worked great on allure this last cruise. I have it on a phone but hate using the phone ... phone stays in my safe. My tablet is a very good tablet. 

Rcl as I said quit supporting tablets. I'm sure!! Lucky we have a few top notch tech guys who post here. Cant remember who it was to give credit. I might have save the link they posted. 

Blaming my tablet means you dont buy all tablets are now unsupported by rcl. Like I'm not sure or wrong. Blame the poster not rcl when someone posts a fact.

Edited by firefly333

56 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Mine worked great thru last dec then got a similar error message to above. And there were lots of others posting theirs went down too. My mistake was I uninstalled it then couldnt reinstall it from the google store. Wouldnt download. If your android tablet works great, maybe it's been fixed. I'm not touching my app unless i have to afte it quit working early this year.

Glad i got it back. It was a common issue last jan .. havent seen it lately but the op error sounded like what I got when I tried to reinstall it. 

Hopefully if yours works now they fixed the issue. Worked fine for 13 rcl cruises after covid thenlast jan quit working. The app is working now but then store or google doesnt show updates for it.

Just glad mine works again. 

37 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Nope, everyone's tablet quit working. I have a top of the line samsung tablet I use for gaming. Best nvidia card for 3d, storage, lots of major programs. 

I mentioned it when I wrote them once before and they tried to say that excuse too. I have seen everyone by then also quit working.

One of the tech guys I cant remember now who in cc posted a link I downloaded and now I can use the app on my tablet, but cant upgrade it. Worked great on allure this last cruise. I have it on a phone but hate using the phone ... phone stays in my safe. My tablet is a very good tablet. 

Rcl as I said quit supporting tablets. I'm sure!! Lucky we have a few top notch tech guys who post here. Cant remember who it was to give credit. I might have save the link they posted. 

Blaming my tablet means you dont buy all tablets are now unsupported by rcl. Like I'm not sure or wrong. Blame the poster not rcl when someone posts a fact.

OK just wondered if that was the problem and was wondering if you were on iOS or android. No need to be defensive, just a question and no, I have an iPad not an android.

Family with android have sailed several times this year and haven’t had problems, so perhaps it is fixed.

Edited by c-leg5

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

OK just wondered if that was the problem and was wondering if you were on iOS or android. No need to be defensive, just a question and no, I have an iPad not an android.

Family with android have sailed several times this year and haven’t had problems, so perhaps it is fixed.

Nope. Just looked in the store. Says not compatible with my device. Only app I know of is rcl app it doesnt work with. No others and it used to work. Not one other app I know of doesnt work, just rcl. Carnival app of course works just fine. All the hotel apps, you name it. Just rcl. 

Looked at it just for you. Can download with my samsung crappy phone but not my Samsung tablet which has much better specs. 

And here it is on my desktop from the smart cc tech guy on a old thread who posted a link. App works just fine. 

20231010_013006.jpg

20231010_013601.jpg

Edited by firefly333

The app has been very glitchy. Just got off Oasis and we had issues all week, 2 days we had no info at all on it, others we got the "sorry we hit a snag" message. It still worked when we got that message, it just popped up on top- BUT before the cruise, like the day before, everyone seemed to lose all reservations and information but that all re-appeared after a re-install 

11 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

My issue is obviously its royal who changed, not my tablet. For you to ask if my tablet was old as if it was ME not rcl IT and not take my word for it that they dropped support. It wasnt just me at the time. All the sudden people couldnt use their tablets. Cant be downloaded by my top of the line gaming tablet with high specs. 

People posting work arounds. As I said it worked for 13 cruises. For certain it doesnt need anything like the memory and use as high of a chip set as my game. Cheap royal decided to cut their budget supporting tablets. Fact. If yours work great. Mine quit working except for work around to load it onto my tablet where it obviously works .. not my specs. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2023 at 12:24 PM, balcony4u said:

Is any one else having problems with the app?

I have deleted and reinstalled at least three times and I still get the banner .." sorry we have hit a snag...."

We are 7 months out, but I would still like it to be working.

I have found that when I get that error, it helps to actually log out (not just close) and relog in.  Most times that clears it up.  If it persists after logging out, try restarting your phone. Sometimes it's just a glitch in the network connection.