LIVE Italy Land trip then 10 days on Pride, Oct 18-29 to Greece, Turkey, Sicily and more Italy with ninjacat123!

ninjacat123

4 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

You are a much more adventurous eater than I am. I have tried grilled octopus just once. The flavor was fantastic, the texture great, but I just couldn't get past what was sitting on my plate. 🤣

Yeah there’s a little “what is that, oooo a tentacle “ but I did fine, it was that tasty. Now if it was beets, no thank you. I don’t eat dirt🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, SkipsMom said:

What a great day you had!  No Octopus for me either 😄  I would be happy with the bread, wine and limoncello 😄   

The fava bean puree was sooo good with it! But yeah, gimme limoncello and I’m good to go👍😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

We ordered @kleibo suggestions, palette of spreads and grilled octopus. Everything tasted nomosito (I think Greek for delicious) and we relaxed drinking Assyrtiko wine. A white wine that tastes as if A Sauvignon Blanc and a Pinot Grigio had a baby.

IMG_3073.jpeg

IMG_3074.jpeg

That food looks amazing!

• Like 3

Just now, SkipsMom said:

You said you brought wine back on board.  Do you know if liquor is allowed as well?

Yes! We brought on a bottle of rum (does that make us pirates🏴‍☠️?) at embarkation and it was all good. Rum goes really well with the guava/orange mix Carnival has at bfast. We get glasses of it and transfer it to empty water bottles to store it in our fridge. FYI, the juices get taken away by 10:30.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I had a tour with Ephesus Tours through TA booked and as we walked out of the port area, there was Fusun our lovely and charming guide holding up a sign with my name on it. Debra and Stephen made up our group of four and we took off in our private van. This tour was awesome with Fusun laughing with us and imparting all sorts of info wherever we went. 
our first stop was a store that had Turkish delight, baklava and other Turkish items. We sampled yummy goodies and I bought a bunch of stuff. Oink!IMG_3141.thumb.jpeg.afd20e7a957eeb38c8d6dc80ab5ca169.jpegIMG_3142.thumb.jpeg.550ac61b68a08889a1d63cbbd45deea3.jpeg

• Like 8