Cancelling excursion onboard

bluecruisin

Usually 48 hours before arrival to the port. In rare instances, the cancellation policy may be different but the terms were clear in the website description. Refunds are to your onboard account, not to your original CC. If a refund results in a positive balance to your account you must go to guest services to get the cash before you disembark.

It seems like what I first wrote, still is current - that you can cancel up to 48 hours before arriving in the port where the shore excursion is booked for....?

I cancelled a tour on board on my last cruise in August 2023, and received the money as OBC. It is my understanding that when cancelling before the cruise starts, then the refund would go back to your original credit card.

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/cruise-faq/what-cancellation-policy-tours-and-where-do-i-cancel

Edited by TrumpyNor
Adding information.

38 minutes ago, bluecruisin said:

What is NCL's policy? Does it have to be in a certain time frame and due you get OBC on Visa refund? Thanks for any help!

48 hours before the port call. Or embarkation day if the ShoreEx is on Day 2. 

You get reimbursed via refundable OBC. 

There are a limited number of excursions that have to be cancelled 2-3 days prior to embarkation. Those are normally those that involve limited capacity tours on helicopters and float planes, especially in Alaska. 

Edited by BirdTravels

As Bird said, onboard you get reimbursed with refundable OBC.  If you do not spend that OBC, on board, be sure to get to Guest Services on the last night to pick up your refund.  They insist on giving it back to you while still on board and if you don't pick it up the night before, they will pull out of the disembarkation line and make you go stand inline with a cashier to get your money back.