Included Excursions

dpm321

We are booking our first Viking Ocean trip based on its unique itinerary.  Another thing that we found attractive was that excursions at each port are included.  As I review the itinerary I see that at each port there are, for example, a half dozen excursions listed; however, only one is labeled "Included."  Does that mean that all the others are an additional charge?  Based on the scheduling reservation lead times by cabin category there are approximately 150 cabins ahead of me in the reserving schedule, which I would guess means my chances of being able to book a single "included" excursion will be close to zero.  Is this the case?  If so I would think that advertising "included excursions" is defective advertising at best.  Thanks.

32 minutes ago, dpm321 said:

We are booking our first Viking Ocean trip based on its unique itinerary.  Another thing that we found attractive was that excursions at each port are included.  As I review the itinerary I see that at each port there are, for example, a half dozen excursions listed; however, only one is labeled "Included."  Does that mean that all the others are an additional charge?  Based on the scheduling reservation lead times by cabin category there are approximately 150 cabins ahead of me in the reserving schedule, which I would guess means my chances of being able to book a single "included" excursion will be close to zero.  Is this the case?  If so I would think that advertising "included excursions" is defective advertising at best.  Thanks.

You are guaranteed to be able to take the included excursion. It may not be at the time when you want to go but you'll get one.  If when your turn comes to book online, it says sold out don't worry, they will add another group. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

You are guaranteed to be able to take the included excursion. It may not be at the time when you want to go but you'll get one.  If when your turn comes to book online, it says sold out don't worry, they will add another group. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, dpm321 said:

As I review the itinerary I see that at each port there are, for example, a half dozen excursions listed; however, only one is labeled "Included."  Does that mean that all the others are an additional charge?

Yes.  

One thing they said on the last VO cruise I was on, a couple of times, they gave numbers on who was taking the included tours and it was around 2/3 of the passangers each time.  I thought that was interesting, I had always kind of wondered what the numbers were.  More people take the included than I thought.  

1 hour ago, rmalbers said:

One thing they said on the last VO cruise I was on, a couple of times, they gave numbers on who was taking the included tours and it was around 2/3 of the passangers each time.  I thought that was interesting, I had always kind of wondered what the numbers were.  More people take the included than I thought.  

My recent VO cruise"Scenic Scandinavia" in June 2023, we booked half of the included excursion  and the  other half were option excursions which we paid for. Got all of them within 20 minutes when I was able to book them . We were in DV  stateroom.  I really loved the optional tours. Great guides and anywhere from 16-24 folks on an excursion.

Edited by Azulann