There ARE some deals out there!

chill6x6

I haven't cruised with Princess in eleven years.  But with recent price increases I have been looking around.  So I absolutely stumbled on a good deal. I've been considering heading back to the Mexican riviera for a seven day cruise. I generally like to cruise in suites.  I looked at the cruise lines I normally book(NCL and Royal) and the prices were out of sight, especially Royal. Carnival looked like the way to go, A Havana suite on Panorama for $5989.  Before booking it came to be to check Princess.  I clicked "cruise deals" at the top of the page.  The EXACT date I needed was one of the ones on sale.  So Discovery Princess S3, Princess Premier, and even including insurance....$6945.  I think that was a heck of a deal!

• Like 7

If you think $1000 a day is a good deal for a Mexican cruise enjoy, I sure wouldn't . I cruise in full suites on Princess and find your deal poor. At the $1000 PP PD rate I prefer a more inclusive premium cruise line. I'm doing a 28 day Med cruise on the Island Princess in an S4 for very little more then what you're quoting. You are quoting per person?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

If you think $1000 a day is a good deal for a Mexican cruise enjoy, I sure wouldn't . I cruise in full suites on Princess and find your deal poor. At the $1000 PP PD rate I prefer a more inclusive premium cruise line. I'm doing a 28 day Med cruise on the Island Princess in an S4 for very little more then what you're quoting. You are quoting per person?

No...that's for two.  I should have said that but thought it was understood.  I can't find anything close to that price and really it's pretty all inclusive.  

On Royal Caribbean...much older ship Grand suite(minimal suite)...no internet, no specialty dining, no beverage package, no insurance, and no grats- $8701 for two.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

The luxury of time - you also get a cheaper cruise over 28 days than the OP's 7 day cruise.  That's what I think a lot of people forget when grumbling about only 2 casual dining's included in the Plus package regardless of how long the cruise is - if you're on a longer cruise you're likely automatically getting a much bigger bargain already.

• Like 3

I used to book directly with the cruise line (Princess, HAL, Celebrity, etc) but find that since the pandemic I have to use a TA.  I get a better price as well as shipboard credit.  Not all sailings are discounted so one has to look a bit.  Saved a few hundred $ on my upcoming cruise as well as a bunch of shipboard credit.  

• Like 4

On 10/11/2023 at 5:51 PM, chill6x6 said:

No...that's for two.  I should have said that but thought it was understood.  I can't find anything close to that price and really it's pretty all inclusive.  

Every thing on the Princess web site is per person so why would I understand your variance. In loo of the info that it's for two of you it's a decent deal. The best deals are on the last minute cruises which are accessible on the top of the Princess page. Most people can't cruise with only a few weeks notice unless they are retired.😃

16 hours ago, RickT said:

I used to book directly with the cruise line (Princess, HAL, Celebrity, etc) but find that since the pandemic I have to use a TA.  I get a better price as well as shipboard credit.  Not all sailings are discounted so one has to look a bit.  Saved a few hundred $ on my upcoming cruise as well as a bunch of shipboard credit.  

I'm a chicken when it comes to a TA.  My first cruise on the Carnival Holiday was with a TA. I didn't like the way it was handled at all.  That was in 2007. If I knew of a good TA I might give it a shot again. I do know there are a lot of benefits.

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Every thing on the Princess web site is per person so why would I understand your variance. In loo of the info that it's for two of you it's a decent deal. The best deals are on the last minute cruises which are accessible on the top of the Princess page. Most people can't cruise with only a few weeks notice unless they are retired.😃

I'd say just be courteous and ask if uncertain before further commentary. Usually I don't post at all when I have a hard time posting something positive/nice/constructive.  I'd also assume a person with a long history of cruising wouldn't post about a "good deal" unless they really thought it was. When I made the post I knew what I was trying covey and as I mentioned before I should have said "for 2" which was my fault. I bet there are some that understood that.

I can't do last minute cruises because I still work and am a small business(3) owner.  I have about a 2 week timeframe twice a year that I can have a vacation. I tend to book a good ways out(the above cruise is 2025)to get the cabin I want at hopefully the best price.

BTW...I'd be happy to entertain any thoughts for a 7 day Mexican riviera cruise with a "more inclusive premium line" during March 2025.

On 10/12/2023 at 6:05 AM, p.pete said:

The luxury of time - you also get a cheaper cruise over 28 days than the OP's 7 day cruise.  That's what I think a lot of people forget when grumbling about only 2 casual dining's included in the Plus package regardless of how long the cruise is - if you're on a longer cruise you're likely automatically getting a much bigger bargain already.

Absolutely! One day maybe I'll get to price those 28 day cruises! My longest so far is 9 days with work responsibilities.  I do have a 12 day Panama Canal partial transit in an S6 aboard Emerald planned.  Unfortunately price per day for 2 passengers is about the same at my cruise above.

Just for fun(it's raining and cold out) I checked out prices for comparable cruises/cabins/amenities for similar timeframe during March 2025. Prices are for TWO and include 2 nights speciality dining/grats/unlimited internet/drink package/insurance.

Princess- Discovery Princess S3 Premier pkg- $6946

Carnival- Panorama Grand Suite- $7279

NCL- Bliss HC(aft-facing penthouse)- $12,500.

Royal- Navigator GS- $10,715

Edited by chill6x6