App help

Susanb10567

We are sailing on the Equinox on Saturday and my husband is having trouble adding the cruise to the App… for the past couple of days it’s been saying try again later…has anyone else had this problem?

any advice? I would rather have this taken care of before we board.. thx 

If he logs into the website does it show up?  If not add it there first. Then log out of the app, fully shut down the app (on iPhone you have to do the swipe up thing). Re-open the app and log back in. If he can’t add it at all to his account on the website he may have to call in to Celebrity for help. 

I agree - check his account on the website to see if it shows up there.  If not, you might want to double check your invoice (or the booking from your account) to make sure his captain's club number is correct in the booking as well as his name is spelled right and birthday is correct.

If his cruise is showing up when he logs into the website, then it's probably an issue with the app.  I would make sure the app is up to date and if that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall the app.

7 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes the Celebrity app is a quality piece of software.....    Not.

Do people generally have a lot of problems with the app?  Celebrity/Royal's apps are the cruise apps I find work the most consistently of all the cruise lines I have cruised lately.  Although I have seen my fair share of IT problems on Celebrity's website, I haven't on the app and I don't generally see posts from people having issues.  This is the first that I can recall in a long time.

Ok, I volunteer for Google, so here's a few things I recommend in general when posting tech questions. These may seem simple to you, but remember, I'm not there so I can't see what's happening.

1.) What's the OS?

2.) Is the firmware updated on the device?

3.) How about the app, is that updated?

4.) Check the device memory, do you have enough space to run the app?

5.) Can he log in on the website?

6.) Is his name spelled correctly on the invoice?

7.) Is his Captain's Club number printed correctly on the invoice?

8.) When he logs in, are his credentials being typed in correctly?

9.) Have you cleared the app cache? How about the app data?

10.) If he's already logged in, has he tried logging out and back in?

11 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Thanks for the advice…it wasn’t on the website..but he was able to add it there…then he  had to delete and reinstall the App before the cruise appeared..  

so we are ready to sail🚢 😊

I recently got a new iPhone and was getting the same error. Just like you, I deleted the app, reinstalled it, then it allowed me to log into my account and my cruises showed up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Ok, I volunteer for Google, so here's a few things I recommend in general when posting tech questions. These may seem simple to you, but remember, I'm not there so I can't see what's happening.

1.) What's the OS?

2.) Is the firmware updated on the device?

3.) How about the app, is that updated?

4.) Check the device memory, do you have enough space to run the app?

5.) Can he log in on the website?

6.) Is his name spelled correctly on the invoice?

7.) Is his Captain's Club number printed correctly on the invoice?

8.) When he logs in, are his credentials being typed in correctly?

9.) Have you cleared the app cache? How about the app data?

10.) If he's already logged in, has he tried logging out and back in?

You forgot one that I always start with in trouble shooting.  LOL

Is your Computer Plugged In and are you connected to the Internet.   Can't tell you how many people have replied.... Ohhhh...

3 hours ago, tnm6217 said:

I recently got a new iPhone and was getting the same error. Just like you, I deleted the app, reinstalled it, then it allowed me to log into my account and my cruises showed up.

Great suggestion.    I've found IOS17 up to 17.02 to be really buggy.    I am still unable to listen to 50% of my Audiobooks.    I've had to use a paid app until Apple gets around to fixing it.   BTW both Hoopola and other book apps work perfectly.

5 hours ago, prmssk said:

Do people generally have a lot of problems with the app?  Celebrity/Royal's apps are the cruise apps I find work the most consistently of all the cruise lines I have cruised lately.  Although I have seen my fair share of IT problems on Celebrity's website, I haven't on the app and I don't generally see posts from people having issues.  This is the first that I can recall in a long time.

I may be different than others but generally have no problems.   The only time I had a problem was my record was screwed up and they worked on trying to fix for the entire cruise and was never able to see my account.   The next cruise (b2b) it again worked perfect.

6 hours ago, prmssk said:

I've found the app works very well, both pre-cruise and once aboard.

I wish the "chat" feature could overtly signal "You've got mail!" if you will instead of only showing up within the app. Also, using your phone to unlock your door takes too many steps vs. just using your SeaPass.

That said, the app has been updated since our last cruise and it looks like the developers are continuing to enhance its functionality.

cjr

• Like 1