Constantly canceling cruises

JAR

I have been a huge fan of American Queen Voyages in the past, but they are currently a company in CRISIS. Over the past 2 years we have had 4 cruises canceled by them within a few months of sailing. Two of the cancelations we discovered ourselves by looking online & noticing that our trips were no longer listed. We booked our trips while onboard and received good promotions. After AQV canceled, they did not offer us any special fares, resulting in any rebooking prices to be almost brochure rates. This year because of the late cancelation we are left without holiday travel plans. To add to the issue the refunds from AQV take multiple months to be issued & require a great deal of follow-up. I am concerned because this type of poor customer service occurred before Vantage Travel went bankrupt and I still have 2 future cruise " booked". Customer service refused to give us the email address of the new CEO which says an awful lot of AQV"s current philosophy. 

• Like 1

Ouch! That is a bunch of bad experiences. While my Great Lakes cruise turned out to be wonderful, communication leading up to it was terrible. And I know I was lucky, as other cruises had missed ports, early endings, and other problems.

Like you, I discovered information they SHOULD have sent me by accident, when I checked something else on the website. My itinerary changes were minor, and actually I liked the changes. But that doesn't excuse the fact that I had to stumble on the information. If I hadn't been watching for tours to open, I wouldn't have known about changes until much later. Hard to believe they've been in business for more than 10 minutes. 

As for their philosophy, read the thread about the CEO's "visit" to CC. She didn't say anything specific. I fear they may be adrift. I hope they get it together and your remaining booked cruises go ahead as planned.

• Like 1

It should be interesting to see what shakes out on the river's, with new entrants like Viking....

As much as I enjoyed the American Queen, I too would think hard about booking another cruise with them.  I have related in another thread my disappointment with the cancellation of my Great Lakes cruise.  The recent problem with the American Queen losing a "Z-drive", doesn't help, either...

• Like 1