Can one get off a charted flight when it's refueling?

Theseus313

We will be disembarking from the Silver Endeavour on Nov 18th.
Since we plan to go to Torres Del Paine, we have booked flight from Puerto Williams to Punta Arena.
I realize that the SS chart flight will be landing at Punta Arena to refuel before returning to Santiago.
My question is: can we get off the chart flight at Punta Arena instead of taking the already booked flight?
I have asked our TA to contact SS to see if this is possible. Anyone has experienced this or have any thoughts?
TIA!

Highly unlikely.

Aside from the logistics of separating your luggage from all the rest (and there are reports of luggage flying separately from the passengers), your flight is operating under charter regulations of the Chilean government.  I highly doubt if they have provisions for allowing two passengers to leave the aircraft in Punta Arenas.  Further, while refueling can be done away from the passenger terminal, leaving off passengers would require that additional step.

It is possible.  But I wouldn't bank on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Totally agree! This is not a SS thing but the company of the charted flight (DAP). What surprised me is a SS senior VP saw my post for this question in another board, he left me a message and connected me with one of his team members. We are in the process to get permit (I guess from DAP) to arrange the getting off at Punta Arena.

What can I say! Silversea is great. It really cares about the passengers sailing with them. I'm impressed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, david63 said:

I think that I would hold off the praise until it actually happens - there is a lot that can go wrong between now and then.

The praise is warranted for the proactive approach, regardless of whether SS is successful.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...