10/14-10/22, Kinda Live, We’re Onboard…

UtahCruiser1230

7 hours ago, five. said:

I have no recollection of frozen fruit in havana. That's a new one to me. We'll be on this ship and this itinerary in 40 days. Been awhile since we were on carnival. We are in a havana interior, cheap like that. The part that matters is outside anyways.

Gen just brought around another round, she’s a sweetheart.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, UtahCruiser1230 said:

Had reservations for Jiji’s tonight on the recommendations of many folks here.  Holy heck, best meal on carnival by a long shot!  Way more food than we could’ve eaten in all eight days.  All of it delicious, even my kids loved everything.

That is so much food! Wow. We are eating there for the first time in November.

Got off the boat today in Aruba, went to Eagle beach.  It was pretty easy to find a shuttle over there.  We had planned on taking the bus but there were a number of people offering rides there for $5/person.

The beach was beautiful and the sun was intense, we all came back looking like it was lobster night.

Hit up lido tonight, most nights it seems to have the same menu as the MDR.

Now we’re back on havana, four people out here tonight.  Sailaway from Aruba will be happening soon.

IMG_1274.jpeg

IMG_1270.jpeg

• Like 4

Yesterday was Bonaire.  We reserved golf carts when we booked the cruise.  I highly recommend renting from Bonaire Cruisers, they are a short walk from the pier and make everything really easy.  My wife said it was the most enjoyable thing we’ve done on any of our cruises.

There are two loops you can drive on the island, a South loop and a North loop.  The South is mostly an arid landscape with a lot of wildlife.  You will encounter flocks of brilliant pink flamingos and donkeys roaming the countryside.

IMG_2668.jpeg

IMG_2676.jpeg

IMG_2675.jpeg

IMG_2667.jpeg

IMG_2664.jpeg

IMG_2661.jpeg

• Like 5

The North loop is mainly a tropical mangrove forest, it’s a lot more hilly and has great views.  I forgot to get any pics on the North loop but trust me that is was more scenic than the South loop.

We went to Cucina Capitano for dinner last night, it was delicious as always.  We did get charged for the water on the table as I’ve seen complaints about.  Two of my family have cheers and they charged the water and everyones drinks to the two accounts, so it didn’t bother me.  Although, I can see how it would tick some people off.

IMG_2679.jpeg

IMG_2680.jpeg

IMG_2681.jpeg

IMG_2682.jpeg

IMG_2686.jpeg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, UtahCruiser1230 said:

Today was La Romana, we’ve been here before and knew not to get off the ship.  The new pool area  looked nice but reports from people that went said it was incredibly crowded.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

OMG thats such a shame!  This is one of my favorite ports ever.  

Ported in Amber Cove today, when we booked I immediately grabbed a hillside cabana.  It’s a pretty good bargain as it includes unlimited slides and zip lines.  My 12yo did laps on the slide for most of the day.

We all enjoyed the hot/cold tub on the deck of the cabana.  Spent a lot of time in the main pool as well.

IMG_1286.jpeg

IMG_1287.jpeg

IMG_1289.jpeg

• Like 3

On 10/19/2023 at 9:13 PM, UtahCruiser1230 said:

Yesterday was Bonaire.  We reserved golf carts when we booked the cruise.  I highly recommend renting from Bonaire Cruisers, they are a short walk from the pier and make everything really easy.  My wife said it was the most enjoyable thing we’ve done on any of our cruises.

We booked through them for our Christmas cruise.  Good to hear you had a good experience.  I am enjoying your review and cannot wait to be on the Horizon in 63 days. 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 9:13 PM, UtahCruiser1230 said:

Ported in Amber Cove today, when we booked I immediately grabbed a hillside cabana.  It’s a pretty good bargain as it includes unlimited slides and zip lines.  My 12yo did laps on the slide for most of the day.

We all enjoyed the hot/cold tub on the deck of the cabana.  Spent a lot of time in the main pool as well.

IMG_1287.jpeg

Wow, you must have been in the hillside cabana right next to ours (we would have been to your left from this view).   We really liked the hillside cabanas -- cheaper than the others, with your own hot-tub, a really nice view, closer to the included zipline and body slide, and further away from the noisy pool-bar.  Close to the Sky Bar and those restrooms, too.  

On 10/15/2023 at 11:47 PM, UtahCruiser1230 said:

Main was the filet and short rib.

IMG_2600.jpeg

We felt those two mains should be on separate nights, not on the same night.  🙂  

On 10/16/2023 at 8:53 AM, five. said:

I have no recollection of frozen fruit in havana. That's a new one to me. We'll be on this ship and this itinerary in 40 days. Been awhile since we were on carnival. We are in a havana interior, cheap like that. The part that matters is outside anyways.

They served (softly) frozen fruit twice a day on the pool-deck back there, or at least they did last October.  We had a Havana cabana room then, but had to settle for a regular balcony in 2023.

On 10/20/2023 at 1:49 PM, marci4tony said:

OMG thats such a shame!  This is one of my favorite ports ever.  

Slight hijacking detour.

@marci4tonyWhat do you like to do in La Romana?  We are visiting in a few months and haven't figured out what to do but so many people say to just stay on the ship so I'd love another opinion and option.