Does anyone have any insights as to why the television choices are always so bad?

CruisinShips

3 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

These are samsung, not LG.  I can plug in, but source selection is locked out, and rebooting to get to menu is locked out too.  Trust me, I tried.

Surprised to hear.   What ship where you on.    I've been able to use all ports on all classes of ships.

In the older days you could use a Samsung Remote to change the source but no longer you have to use the room remote  and follow the instructions given to me by IT.

• Like 1

That video makes it look so easy.  Problem I had was my internet was so weak on the Eclipse, at one point I got sound and no picture...and that's when streaming worked at all.  Additionally, my Youtube TV wouldn't work because it knew I was out of the country.

I've since learned some VPN tips on here that I'll try next time, but beware some of the streaming services block you when you're out of the US.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Surprised to hear.   What ship where you on.    I've been able to use all ports on all classes of ships.

In the older days you could use a Samsung Remote to change the source but no longer you have to use the room remote  and follow the instructions given to me by IT.

On Equinox.  It is a Samsung remote, same one I have at home, but source is Inactive.  And trying to change source from the TV buttons themselves when you select source it errors "not available".

2 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

That video makes it look so easy.  Problem I had was my internet was so weak on the Eclipse, at one point I got sound and no picture...and that's when streaming worked at all.  Additionally, my Youtube TV wouldn't work because it knew I was out of the country.

I've since learned some VPN tips on here that I'll try next time, but beware some of the streaming services block you when you're out of the US.

Living in Silicon Valley and being a techno nerd I always find a way to get things to work.   I do use VPN and found NordVPN works best for me.   If you get the message that you are out of Country either VPN not turned on or they have blacklisted the particular server.   If you go to Nord's site and in the help pop up type YouTubeTV it will popup 3 servers that have been validated as working.

In the past year, Celebrity has also included a selection for Streaming to your TV for Computer, Tablet or Phone on the main menu- Very easy to follow instructions. 

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

In the past year, Celebrity has also included a selection for Streaming to your TV for Computer, Tablet or Phone on the main menu- Very easy to follow instructions. 

This isn't on Equinox yet either.  Was looking for it.  Must only be newer ships.

59 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim,  Do you remember which ship(s) that this was on?  I suspect it may be only on the newer of the E-Class as I do not recall this being available on Millie this past April.