Ryndam

Albertiv

Poor Ryndam. :( We love that ship as we honeymooned on her in 1998 and she had minor sewer-smell problems then. I'd been on her when she first came out....like her second or third revenue trip....and they had to take the bathroom apart in my cabin over a two day period to fix something with the vacuum portion of the toilet. I saw the engineers in my cabin more than my cabin steward for the first two days of the cruise. :rolleyes: There were other such problems throughout the ship on that cruise and I just figured it was part of being new. I recall reports from time to time here she was still having some problems but I can't say those are unique to the Ryndam or if she's never been quite right. Ryndam is a great ship and we'd sail her again in a heartbeat. :)

We were on the Ryndam for a 2 week cruise last month and wasn't aware of any sewage problem. Our cabin was fine and never did notice anything anywhere on the ship. She is lovely after her SOE and we had a wonderful time. Had also sailed this ship in 1999 to Alaska and wasn't aware of any problems then, either. Perhaps we aren't very perceptive or else we are just lucky!

Yes, the problems continue. We were on Ryndam last Nov-Dec (2005) and had a cabin forward/port on V deck. There were problems on our deck, at time just vapors in the air, at other times evidance or ongoing sewage repairs in cabins and behind screw-in panels in the passageway. On occassion I found the mens head by the pool closed for repair and once the heads in the lounge just forward of the pool were cl0osed and flooded.

Another problem was the failure of the elevators to run.

Were these significant problems. Since the sewage problems were not in our cabin we just had to hold our breath from time to time. Would we sail Her again? Sure if the itinerary was important, and no one else sailed it.

HAL is a wonderful cruise line. Ryndam is a problem ship, from the sewage standpoint. This topic has come up repeatedly, and with the same results. Or worse.

Yes, the problem is still there.

Don

We also had a WONDERFUL time on the Ryndam 2/5-2/19. We had no problem. One woman told me that there was a problem with a small block of cabins on the Main deck. She said that it was cleared up in a few hours. Someone probably put something in the WC that should not have been placed.

Every public ladies room that I used was in perfect condition.

We had a small problem on the Rotterdam in Nov. 04. As soon as we mentioned it, it was taken care very quickly.

Archived