Crown and Anchor Points Question

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Confusing

Hahah… Now I’m confused;) I just meant to say that when we booked an eight day cruise and could afford a JS, we got 32 points each. That added up quickly to put us well over 400 points, so now we feel Pinnacle is possible (for us), but it will still take 2 or 3 more years. With the current prices we book inside cabins. Maybe we should look into booking solo cabins. We just enjoy being on a ship!

2 hours ago, cruiseaholic777 said:

Back in 2005 we cruised on Celebrity and when we first cruised with Royal they gave us the 7 points from Celebrity. After our first Royal cruise we had 14 points, 7 from each cruise.

Before Jan 2011 neither programme gave a point per night. 

Celebrity changed their points calculation in Nov 2013 and is calculated based on class of cabin booked

Edited by little britain

20 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The average is about 80-100 +/- cruises

Out of curiosity I counted our cruises. By the end of this year, we will have sailed on RCCL 44 times with 5 more booked for next year. It should take 33 more 7 day cruises for us to reach 700 points. That would be 82 cruises for us to make Pinnacle.

4 hours ago, cruiseaholic777 said:

Back in 2005 we cruised on Celebrity and when we first cruised with Royal they gave us the 7 points from Celebrity. After our first Royal cruise we had 14 points, 7 from each cruise.

I seriously doubt it. That is not how either program awarded points. I have been cruising on Royal since 1995 and Celebrity since 1996. 

• Like 1