Crown and Anchor Points Question

Hi Everyone! Quick question! It was our understanding about 20 years ago when you took a Celebrity cruise that the points for that cruise counted towards Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor points. Does anyone remember this? I know this is not currently the case. Thank you!

Not quite the way it worked. At a point in time Royal “gave” an adjustment to Celebrity cruisers. -or at least this is what happened to us. When the 2011 points conversion happened on Royal, we had five credited cruise credits with only one actual cruise. Thus four credit adjustment. 

33 minutes ago, leftylisa24 said:

Hi Everyone! Quick question! It was our understanding about 20 years ago when you took a Celebrity cruise that the points for that cruise counted towards Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor points. Does anyone remember this? I know this is not currently the case. Thank you!

I think it was around 2005 (18 years ago) that we took our first Celebrity cruise. Cruise points were with their Captain's Club.

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

Not quite the way it worked. At a point in time Royal “gave” an adjustment to Celebrity cruisers. -or at least this is what happened to us. When the 2011 points conversion happened on Royal, we had five credited cruise credits with only one actual cruise. Thus four credit adjustment. 

I suspect that was not the reason. If you had one cruise at the time of the conversion, then you would likely have received 7 Royal Caribbean points.

There was no combining of Royal Caribbean and Celebrity points that I am aware of in the 35 years I’ve been cruising both lines. 
m

• Like 3

3 hours ago, leftylisa24 said:

Nope. The points have never combined. 

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I suspect that was not the reason. If you had one cruise at the time of the conversion, then you would likely have received 7 Royal Caribbean points.

There was no combining of Royal Caribbean and Celebrity points that I am aware of in the 35 years I’ve been cruising both lines. 
m

Sorry if I didn’t make it clear at conversion we got 38 points in the new system. 5x7 +3     Only one RCCL cruise, 

12 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Sorry if I didn’t make it clear at conversion we got 38 points in the new system. 5x7 +3     Only one RCCL cruise, 

I do not why you were given 5 credits in 2011 (credits from suite, solo, long cruise, being linked to a person with more credits, clerical error, etc), but it was not because of your Celebrity cruises. 

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

We will turn pinnacle with only 39 actual Royal cruises. 

Just 39 cruises to reach pinnacles. Must be some sort of record. I have heard of a few very quickly reach Pinnacle by sailing solo in suites during double points. (Six points per night).  

The average is about 80-100 +/- cruises 
m

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just 39 cruises to reach pinnacles. Must be some sort of record. I have heard of a few very quickly reach Pinnacle by sailing solo in suites during double points. (Six points per night).  

m

39 10 days cruises in suite = 780 points… doable. 

52 minutes ago, Tatka said:

39 10 days cruises in suite = 780 points… doable. 

Doable yes, and some have even fewer, but it is a lower number than average. 
Just returned from an eight night Mariner cruise and  the brand new Pinnacle had completed 63 cruises. The new Pinnacle, the cruise before that completed 72  cruises. 
M

10 hours ago, leftylisa24 said:

No it has never been the case that X CC points count towards C&A ( or vice versa)

9 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

You’ve probably been given credit for someone else’s cruise. Look at your cruise history in your account yo see what cruises are listed pre 2011?

You can always call them and point out their error so they reduce your total 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

That double points promo could have pumped up points. On a recent cruise there was a couple that hit Pinnacle and their first RC cruise was 2019

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

That double points promo could have pumped up points. On a recent cruise there was a couple that hit Pinnacle and their first RC cruise was 2019

The double double points (in a Suite because of Covid) were nice! We have cruised with Royal for around 20 years and didn’t think we had a shot at Pinnacle. Now thanks to retirement and higher suite prices knocking us back to interior cabins, we can make it there in two more years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You are famous!😄.  I hope you enjoy the current cruise. 
m

Lol. Hardly.  Thanks.  The weather is much better this week than last week….but we haven’t had to tango with Tammy yet.  I guess a final decision on our course will be made today.  We’ll see what the Cap decides.  

2 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

The double double points (in a Suite because of Covid) were nice! We have cruised with Royal for around 20 years and didn’t think we had a shot at Pinnacle. Now thanks to retirement and higher suite prices knocking us back to interior cabins, we can make it there in two more years. 

I hate the lazy math saying double pts, or now double double. Then solo says so I get 4 a day in a suite, double right. No the people who post double dont know basic addition. Its 1 pt + 1 pt + 1 pt possible  solo in a suite is 3 pts, was 6 during the actual double decent where pts were doubled. 

Confusing for solos . ...I guess some posters think everyone is a couple. Idk why they say double when 3 are possible, not double. It's not hard to say +1 for a suite. 

15 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

We will be Pinnacle this year at 53 cruises.  No solo, but we have sailed in around 20 suites to get there.

1 hour ago, cruiseaholic777 said:

Back in 2005 we cruised on Celebrity and when we first cruised with Royal they gave us the 7 points from Celebrity. After our first Royal cruise we had 14 points, 7 from each cruise.

That must have been a one off deal. Glad RC and Celebrity don't do cruise point transfers. We made Diamond and Elite before the reciprocal program and never received anything additional after the program first started.