Is it possible to delete a post ?

room with a view

When posting you can edit a post or delete ,within the first 20 minutes .

After that your stuck with it . 

If you think your post was for example false and could mislead other posters on here,

then you could hit report and explain to a moderator ,why you think it should be removed 

but that would be up to them .

Just read your next comment , so hit report and tick box " post aimed at "

if the Mod agrees then it will be removed but if not your stuck with it .

Edited by kalos

22 hours ago, room with a view said:

Yes someone has replied with a sarcastic comment .

I suggest you report the comment, it is likely against the rules.  To do that you click the dots at the top RHS of the offending post and choose "report" from the drop down menu.  You then get a pop up to report the post.  I suggest you choose "Disruptive/Offensive/Member Directed Post" from the choices, then explain why it is doing that in the box at the bottom.  An admin will then be directed to the post and delete it if they feel fit, but it could take a few hours for it to be dealt with.  You can report any post that is a problem, it does not have to be something against yourself, so possible someone else has already reported it.

Better to have that comment deleted, than loose helpful comments, both for yourself and possibly others.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 3:01 PM, room with a view said:

Is it possible to remove a post after I have posted it ? ..thanks

If you really want a post of yours deleted, you can again click on "report post" (as I described above), then write in the box "please remove my post".  That way admin will delete your post when they pickup your request.  I have never had that refused, but if it is a thread starter, the whole thread will eventually go, but not always as soon as your post disappears.  I do not think anyone replying to the post, or not makes a difference - it has not mattered in the past for me, though possibly that could have changed recently.

You can only edit a post within about 20 mins of first posting it as mentioned by Kalos.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tring said:

If you really want a post of yours deleted, you can again click on "report post" (as I described above), then write in the box "please remove my post".  That way admin will delete your post when they pickup your request.  I have never had that refused, but if it is a thread starter, the whole thread will eventually go, but not always as soon as your post disappears.  I do not think anyone replying to the post, or not makes a difference - it has not mattered in the past for me, though possibly that could have changed recently.

You can only edit a post within about 20 mins of first posting it as mentioned by Kalos.

Thanks ...after the first comment I received some very useful posts .

It was not on the P &O site ...it was on another Ccriric site ..thanks .

Best wishes 

• Like 1