Zaandam 7078

tartanmom

After a little bit of a kerfuffle with our booking, our stateroom was changed to 7078. I'm familiar with verandahs on the 6th deck but not on the 7th. I'm a little concerned that the balcony looks shorter on the deck plan and then someone at work said the Lido also juts out past the roof of the balcony.They didn't mind it but if I love looking at stars at night, is that going to bother me? I've scoured the internet for photos to no avail. I'm not so worried about being directly under the aft pool area as we are rarely in the cabin during the day and assume that it will be quiet at night. I do need a cabin for 3 so maybe will get my agent to call HAL to see if there are any other options. 

31 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Have you checked halfacts.com?

All the balconies on Zaandam (and Volendam)are built into the side of the ship. All have full roofs.

I will check that out, thanks. It seems that the Lido flares out in the aft section so that the roof juts out further then the edge of the balcony. 

2 hours ago, tartanmom said:

...someone at work said the Lido also juts out past the roof of the balcony.They didn't mind it but if I love looking at stars at night, is that going to bother me? I've scoured the internet for photos to no avail. 

This older video of the next-door suite would be a mirror-image (bed on the left, sofa on the right as you enter from the hall) of yours. The roof of the expansive balcony, at about the 2-minute mark, appears to align with the footprint thereof, so your star-gazing will be out toward the horizon but not further obstructed.

23 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

This older video of the next-door suite would be a mirror-image (bed on the left, sofa on the right as you enter from the hall) of yours. The roof of the expansive balcony, at about the 2-minute mark, appears to align with the footprint thereof, so your star-gazing will be out toward the horizon but not further obstructed.

I think they must have revamped the stateroom numbers since then. My room is much narrower and same width as vista suites on deck 6. Great video though. Thanks for your help

11 minutes ago, tartanmom said:

I think they must have revamped the stateroom numbers since then. My room is much narrower and same width as vista suites on deck 6. Great video though. Thanks for your help

Yikes! I should put my reading glasses on to read the computer screen! That was the cabin next door to 7028 not 7078, SORRY! 

7 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Yikes! I should put my reading glasses on to read the computer screen! That was the cabin next door to 7028 not 7078, SORRY! 

No problem. I appreciate your efforts to try and help 

31 minutes ago, tartanmom said:

My room is much narrower and same width as vista suites on deck 6. Great video though. Thanks for your help

Here is a video of a Vista Suite on Deck 7. It does appear that the Lido Deck overhangs somewhat (again from about the 2-min mark, to the end of the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ89dyYt93E

As far as the internal arrangement of furniture et al, this one also should be left-right mirror image to yours. Your bed should be on the left from the door. Unless my eyes are playing more tricks!

Edited by crystalspin