Cabo Port Change 2:00 - 9:00 PM

Aquaticdreams

I just got notified that our port time in Cabo (in January) was changed to 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM. I had originally thought about a beach and shopping day for Cabo but now that doesn’t seem feasible. I’m thinking walking around/taking cabs at night in Mexico isn’t a good idea. Has anyone had a late port call in Cabo? Any alternative suggestions? This will be our first time doing the Mexican Riviera and I was really looking forward to exploring Cabo. I’m even wondering if I should rebook for February when they don’t have this “scheduled engine maintenance” change. 

9 hours ago, Aquaticdreams said:

I’m thinking walking around/taking cabs at night in Mexico isn’t a good idea.

While in some parts of Mexico this is true, walking around at night in the marina area of Cabo San Lucas, where the tenders drop you off, you'll be safe. Taking a taxi is also safe, and Uber is an option as well. Your biggest "danger" is overly persuasive vendors.

I'll be in Cabo in a couple of weeks (not on a ship) and as a solo female feel very safe there as well as in Puerto Vallarta, and my accommodations aren't in the heart of any of the tourist areas.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 12:05 AM, Aquaticdreams said:

had originally thought about a beach

Assuming you can get off the ship quickly, you should still be able to spend a couple of hours on the beach.  Just take the water taxi or a regular taxi to Medano Beach as soon as you get off.  The sun doesn't go down until between 5:30 and 6:00pm.

After that you are free to head out and get some drinks, snacks or dinner in any number of areas.

BTW - my least favorite part of Cabo is the Marina even though I can understand its appeal to some tourists.

We have been in Cabo a couple of times with late port times and once even an overnight stay. Cabo is very safe and I love staying into the evening. My favorite activity for these later night stays is a sunset cruise. There are many options available. The last one we took was on a sailboat and it was incredible. It was a beautiful evening - they put up the sails and we soared across the water, we saw whales, enjoyed unlimited drinks and dinner and got a beautiful sunset view with the arch. Definitely a high point of being there into the night hours! Also, the stores stay open late, lots of great restaurants in town for dinner, some fun nightlife on Medano Beach. Schedule an appointment for an evening massage at the Sand Bar and then enjoy some music! Cabo is awesome after dark!

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 1