Queen Anne

Minnie29

8 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

It's a very good point. There is a permanent tension here - on the one hand the less money one spends on cruise X, the more funds for cruise Y and Z. On the other Cunard is very, very aware of monetising umpteen various uplifts, whether the Club or Grills option, alternative dining options, Plusgrade, a better stateroom, drink packages, tour fees, spa bookings - and before you know it the total bill has doubled. The rule I try to stick to is to pay extra for things where my enjoyment is definitely going to justify the spend without having to question it, so I don't often go without at least a balcony. Unfortunately I occasionally break that rule if tempted too far. In the case of QA, the extra size of Club and PG will change some of the calculations simply because Cunard will have to dilute their price to fill up the ship.

Yes I agree my sweet spot for an inside is anything less than 7 nights anything over it’s a balcony or sea view at least.  I am not there ideal guest as I am not persuaded to purchase any extras such as spas speciality dining . I have a steel resolve not to be enticed into these extras and my enjoyment would not be enhanced thinking of the extra costs. I enjoy myself perfectly fine with everything that is included. It will be interesting to see how dynamic pricing works as I was quite shocked how small the Princess cabin was I was shown around yesterday compared to a standard Britannia. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Yes, I certainly would have loved longer hours; opening at 11.30am was ridiculous:  too long after breakfast and too soon before lunch.  I really enjoyed the lounge, apart from the opening hour restrictions.  

On the Vistas I used to like to enjoy the view with a cup of coffee at about 10.30. Not opening until 11.30 is annoying.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

It's a very good point. There is a permanent tension here - on the one hand the less money one spends on cruise X, the more funds for cruise Y and Z. On the other Cunard is very, very aware of monetising umpteen various uplifts, whether the Club or Grills option, alternative dining options, Plusgrade, a better stateroom, drink packages, tour fees, spa bookings - and before you know it the total bill has doubled. The rule I try to stick to is to pay extra for things where my enjoyment is definitely going to justify the spend without having to question it, so I don't often go without at least a balcony. Unfortunately I occasionally break that rule if tempted too far. In the case of QA, the extra size of Club and PG will change some of the calculations simply because Cunard will have to dilute their price to fill up the ship.

I have very limited amounts of annual leave, so the 'more funds for more cruises' isn't as relevant as for many others. However, I know just how vulnerable I am to lifestyle creep (I now hate short-haul flights because there's no first-class option!) so have managed to resist the lure of the Grills because I know I'd never want to go back to Britannia. I am willing to shell out for a balcony, though.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Clewgarnet said:

I have very limited amounts of annual leave, so the 'more funds for more cruises' isn't as relevant as for many others. However, I know just how vulnerable I am to lifestyle creep (I now hate short-haul flights because there's no first-class option!) so have managed to resist the lure of the Grills because I know I'd never want to go back to Britannia. I am willing to shell out for a balcony, though.

Yes, that was our fatal mistake. In 1997, because it was the holiday of a lifetime, QE2 to NY, Concorde back, I suggested we upgrade to QG, as we would never go on her again. Goodness knows how much that mad decision has cost us over the years.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Yes, that was our fatal mistake. In 1997, because it was the holiday of a lifetime, QE2 to NY, Concorde back, I suggested we upgrade to QG, as we would never go on her again. Goodness knows how much that mad decision has cost us over the years.

My first Cunard voyage was a TA back in 2018 that was supposed to be a one-off, just for the experience of my mother and I travelling in her grandfather's footsteps, and I'd never travel with Cunard again. I'm now on the edge of platinum status.

In my defence, a fractured spine has put an end to my more adventurous travels!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clewgarnet said:

My first Cunard voyage was a TA back in 2018 that was supposed to be a one-off, just for the experience of my mother and I travelling in her grandfather's footsteps, and I'd never travel with Cunard again. I'm now on the edge of platinum status.

In my defence, a fractured spine has put an end to my more adventurous travels!

Sending warmest wishes, and I hope you are able to enjoy life to your maximum possibility.  A Cunard experience as often as possible sounds the perfect remedy.

• Like 1