Princess insurance or not

teddie2

My question on the calculation of 9% has been answered.  Now, does anyone have answers to my EZ air questions?

Dreaminofcruisin mentioned “PVP covers the EZ air flights at no additional cost”.

Questions:

1. If I cancel my trip for non-covered reasons (CFAR), will I get 100% of my EZ air fare as FCC?   
  3. If I cancel my trip for covered reason, will I get 100% of my EZ air fare returned to me as cash and not FCC?

TIA.

Please realize you need to decide if the policy provides the coverage you need. Princess is not the insurance company. If you file a claim please remember that they are company in business to make and keep as much money as possible. Just like any other insurance company. You will have to Submit paperwork, receipts,

perhaps drs records, etc. Princess is not responsible for payment, reimbursement, or denial. AON is the company the policy is thru.

On 10/24/2023 at 9:40 AM, LACruiser88 said:

We always have the Princess insurance as well as a yearly GeoBlue Trekker plan (for international/evacuation coverage).

Check out the Cruise Critic Travel Insurance Forum for lots of information, link below...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/

On 10/25/2023 at 5:23 AM, skrink said:

I bought Princess insurance for a 3 week Med cruise in ‘22 with Princess EZAir and used it when my flights home were canceled twice.  I submitted a clean claim with receipts for all hotel and meal expenses.  

It took six months and multiple frustrating contacts with Aon and Princess before they paid the claim.  During that time, claim status on Aon’s web portal sat unbudging as “waiting to be processed” (or similar wording).  The only silver lining was that once they finally processed it, they didn’t contest it or require me to jump through additional hoops.  

I won’t use Aon or Princess insurance again.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chiliswick said:

I had AON insurance on a 28 day cruse. Became sick and was in the ship hospital for eight days The hospital bill was 14000.00 and another stay after getting home had a 500.00 balance after medicare. AON paid nothing after  fighting AON and Princess for 6 months. I would never recomend AON

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chiliswick said:

I had AON insurance on a 28 day cruse. Became sick and was in the ship hospital for eight days The hospital bill was 14000.00 and another stay after getting home had a 500.00 balance after medicare. AON paid nothing after  fighting AON and Princess for 6 months. I would never recomend AON

@Chiliswick  What reason did they give for denying it?  Was it a pre-existing condition that wasn’t covered?  I’d like to know since we use this insurance all the time.  It might help.  Thanks

On 9/15/2024 at 10:32 AM, chisoxfan said:

Agree with comment that third party insurance is easy and probably better. Insure my Trip great and Foursqare good. Just tried Trip Insurance and things were quite a bit higher (we were seeking med and evac only). Web site was wonky (Not sure how amateurish and excellent fit in the same description).

The site isn't polished and professional looking, but there is way more explanation of trip insurance to be found there than you'll see elsewhere. Which, granted, many people probably don't care and won't follow all the links to the details, but I liked it.

My employer sponsored insurance works the same in and out of the United States. They also have a Medijet policy that is a benefit. Do I use Princess insurance to cover the cruise and then what to cover the airfare? Or should I look for a policy that will cover the cruise and airfare but not medical, if there is such a thing. I will book the airfare independent of Princess, currently P is more expensive and since I travel with a wheelchair, I would rather work directly with the airline.

TYIA.

20 hours ago, voljeep said:

#metoo - seems to be a lot more to this story

Well first AON wanted an itemized bill from the ship. After 6 months I received the bill after contacting everyonr from the CEO down. then they wanted my medicare to pay. also the 500 that I paid the hospital after my insurance paid the 42000 bill from the stay in the US wasnt paid still dighting almost a year later.

12 minutes ago, Chiliswick said:

Well first AON wanted an itemized bill from the ship. After 6 months I received the bill after contacting everyonr from the CEO down. then they wanted my medicare to pay. also the 500 that I paid the hospital after my insurance paid the 42000 bill from the stay in the US wasnt paid still dighting almost a year later.

yes, we paid $28 for an itemized medical bill before we left the ship.  We paid the medical bill that was charged to our folio, but neglected to get a final copy of the folio where we paid in full. The email copy never arrived, but could have gone to my wife's junk mail since we had booked the cruise under her name and used a very generous Princess discount for medical providers.

Our medicare advantage reimbursed us for all medical expenses on board, except the $28 record fee once we got a copy of the paid in full folio.  AON paid the deductibles and copays for follow-up visits once we got off the ship and back home.

Our total out of pocket costs was the $28 plus the cost of the AON insurance of course

4 hours ago, Chiliswick said:

And what happened after Medicare either approved something or denied it for being out of the country (if original medicare they don't pay but if advantage it depends on your plan)?  With the Princess insurance you always have to first send it to your primary insurance.  Whatever isn't paid you then submit to AON.