Dining Reservations Confirmed by Concierge Desk but Not Visible

evanskl4

I am in a suite on the 11/18 Joy sailing, and I have been working with the concierge desk to make dining reservations (there are 14 of us so it's a bit complicated - we are not trying to always eat together but trying to get multiple tables). This is for both specialty and MDRs.

The concierge told me that they have added my preferred dining as requested but told me I will not see the correct information on my side, as they have sent it internally. Indeed, I do not see it on my reservation but I still see old times that should be negated now.

Has anyone else experienced this? I just want to know whether I can trust that these reservations are confirmed or if I need to run to the concierge desk when I get onboard to try to work this out.

2 hours ago, evanskl4 said:

I am in a suite on the 11/18 Joy sailing, and I have been working with the concierge desk to make dining reservations (there are 14 of us so it's a bit complicated - we are not trying to always eat together but trying to get multiple tables). This is for both specialty and MDRs.

The concierge told me that they have added my preferred dining as requested but told me I will not see the correct information on my side, as they have sent it internally. Indeed, I do not see it on my reservation but I still see old times that should be negated now.

Has anyone else experienced this? I just want to know whether I can trust that these reservations are confirmed or if I need to run to the concierge desk when I get onboard to try to work this out.

Dining reservations for your cruise opened on July 11th and online reservations are probably mostly sold out by now. The pre-concierge really can't do anything that you can't do yourself.  If you see no availability, the pre-concierge has no ability to book you a table. 

Reading between the lines, they have just taken your request and forwarded to the ship for action. The "real" concierge onboard has the ability to oversell a restaurant (i.e., if it is sold out, they can still add a limited number of additonal reservations,,, whether they can get 14 people at the same time may be harder).

As a suites guest, you have lower priority than a Haven guest. And you do not have direct access to the onboard concierge (i.e., you can't just walk up to the concierge desk in the Haven).  

You have the option of immediately going to restaurant reservations in Teppanyaki (Deck 6, Mid-Ship) as soon as you embark and see if you can square away your reservations yourself. It may be the safest option. 

Edited by BirdTravels

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

Dining reservations for your cruise opened on July 11th and online reservations are probably mostly sold out by now. The pre-concierge really can't do anything that you can't do yourself.  If you see no availability, the pre-concierge has no ability to book you a table. 

Reading between the lines, they have just taken your request and forwarded to the ship for action. The "real" concierge onboard has the ability to oversell a restaurant (i.e., if it is sold out, they can still add a limited number of reservations).

As a suites guest, you have lower priority than a Haven guest. And you do not have direct access to the onboard concierge (i.e., you can't just walk up to the concierge desk in the Haven).  

Good to know - thanks. I originally booked on the day reservations opened for suite/haven guests, but still wasn't able to get the times I wanted, so when I got the letter in the mail with my luggage tags that said to contact the Concierge Desk to book services pre-cruise, I figured it was worth a shot!

2 minutes ago, evanskl4 said:

Good to know - thanks. I originally booked on the day reservations opened for suite/haven guests, but still wasn't able to get the times I wanted, so when I got the letter in the mail with my luggage tags that said to contact the Concierge Desk to book services pre-cruise, I figured it was worth a shot!

It is worth a shot and you're in the queue for action. Good Luck. Have a great cruise!

If you want to take a peek at the Joy, the following link is to my live post from the Joy last week. The dailies will give you an idea on what activates will be available on your cruise. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Just now, BirdTravels said:

It is worth a shot and you're in the queue for action. Good Luck. Have a great cruise!

If you want to take a peek at the Joy, the following link is to my live post from the Joy last week. 

Yes, I followed your trip closely - thank you so much for sharing such a wealth of information 🙂