Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2024

bluemarble

The 2024 Dress Code and Theme Schedules are now complete!

One caveat is that I don't believe the schedules are correct for the two new 7-night Queen Elizabeth cruises Q434N and Q434P to Tasmania which were added to replace the 14-night cruise Q434 to New Zealand. It looks like the dress code and theme schedules for those two 7-night Tasmania cruises were simply carried over from that 14-night New Zealand cruise. I have made note of that in the margin of the Queen Elizabeth document.

If you are on either of these Tasmania cruises and are seeing updated schedules which differ from what I have documented, please let me know which evenings are scheduled for gala evenings and what themes (if any) are scheduled on those evenings.

Q434N: 27 Nov-4 Dec 2024, Tasmania

Q434P: 4 Dec-11 Dec 2024, Tasmania

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e&mcruise said:

any indication of when 2025 dress codes might be released?

I have some of the dress code and theme schedules for early 2025. Looks like they have been released for voyages through about March-April 2025. That includes QA's 2025 World Voyage, QV's 2025 South America voyage, QM2's early 2025 Caribbean and Canaries cruises, and QE's 2025 Australia season as well as some of her early 2025 Japan season. I've started documents for 2025 and may post the pieces I have so far in a few weeks.

As far as the bulk of the dress code and theme schedules for 2025, based on prior years we might expect Cunard to release those schedules sometime around the October-November timeframe.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I have some of the dress code and theme schedules for early 2025. Looks like they have been released for voyages through about March-April 2025. That includes QA's 2025 World Voyage, QV's 2025 South America voyage, QM2's early 2025 Caribbean and Canaries cruises, and QE's 2025 Australia season as well as some of her early 2025 Japan season. I've started documents for 2025 and may post the pieces I have so far in a few weeks.

As far as the bulk of the dress code and theme schedules for 2025, based on prior years we might expect Cunard to release those schedules sometime around the October-November timeframe.

Thanks bluemarble. We are on the hunt for info on the QM2 Tas in May so guess we will have to wait a little longer for planning that aspect of our trip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2024 at 2:27 AM, bluemarble said:

I’m very interested in the QA January 25 dress code. Just wondering how much shopping I need to do 🥰

17 hours ago, juliecat said:

I’m very interested in the QA January 25 dress code. Just wondering how much shopping I need to do 🥰

Have you checked the calendar in My Cunard?  Our voyage on QV in April has already got gala nights noted. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TowandaUK said:

Have you checked the calendar in My Cunard?  Our voyage on QV in April has already got gala nights noted. 

Would you mind posting the dates of the gala evenings and their themes (if any) for your QV cruise in April 2025? I have the 2025 dress code and theme schedules for QV up to March 28th, but nothing for April yet.

Once I have your contribution, I might be about ready to post what I have for the early 2025 Cunard dress code and theme schedules.

10 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Would you mind posting the dates of the gala evenings and their themes (if any) for your QV cruise in April 2025? I have the 2025 dress code and theme schedules for QV up to March 28th, but nothing for April yet.

Once I have your contribution, I might be about ready to post what I have for the early 2025 Cunard dress code and theme schedules.

Queen Victoria Voyage 511

Atlantic Coast and Iberia  14th April 7 nights 

15th April Black and White

19th April Masquerade

Thanks for doing this Blue Marble it is most appreciated. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Could you double check the dress code for Queen Victoria V426N from 30/10/24 from Southampton please? Your schedule says Black and White gala night on 31/10, but our Cunard calendar has it down as Smart Attire - which would mean no gala night at all on this four night cruise. Very disappointing!

1 hour ago, Emma666 said:

Could you double check the dress code for Queen Victoria V426N from 30/10/24 from Southampton please? Your schedule says Black and White gala night on 31/10, but our Cunard calendar has it down as Smart Attire - which would mean no gala night at all on this four night cruise. Very disappointing!

Both of the QV voyages V426N (Oct 30-Nov 3) and V426P (Nov 3-Nov 15) were added to fill a gap in QV's schedule after the dress code and themes had been posted in the My Cunard calendars for the rest of QV's 2024 itineraries. At the time, Cunard simply filled in Smart Attire in the My Cunard calendars for the dress code on every evening of those two voyages. One would hope they would have updated the calendars for those voyages by now, but apparently they have not.

The dress code and theme schedules for V426N and V426P are available from Cunard customer service. @LadyL1 reported earlier on this thread what she learned from Cunard about the schedule for voyage V426P. I found out about the schedule for your voyage V426N from what a contributor elsewhere on social media had learned from Cunard customer service about that voyage. Hope this helps explain what's going on with the dress code and theme schedule for V426N.

Today we are 62 days out from our trip, and My Cunard has still not updated the dress code, showing “smart attire” every evening.
I did find out from Cunard, that they have planned 3 gala evenings, of which @bluemarble has posted on his spreadsheet. At the time I was told the website would be updated, but that has obviously not transpired.
It seems a great shame as probably most of the 2000 pax will have already seen what Cunard have on the voyage planner. I do so hope that there will be many past passengers onboard who will have the foresight to pack for what is normally expected.  I trust this is not some kind of experiment for future cruises!
Whatever, we will go and enjoy ourselves and hope for some winter sun. QA is also leaving for Madeira on the same day, so perhaps we will go in tandem to Madeira, which would be quite unusual.

I too have been in touch with Cunard customer services 12 times regarding MyCunard planner still not being updated with the confirmed gala nights.  I’ve been told it will be updated on each occasion, and this has been going on with correspondence back and forth since February.  We look forward to Gala nights and love getting our finest attire on - I recognise not everybody likes to dress up but we do and so I’ve been bothering customer services every other week asking for it to be updated.  If you were new to Cunard you might not even realise there are black tie evenings for those that want to engage in them.  Very disappointing service which is not usual at all.  To confirm this is what Cunard CS finally sent me last week:

You will have a total of three gala evenings during your voyage and these will be on the following dates:

5th November - Black & White Gala Evening:

A refined, timeless and elegant celebration to begin guest's memorable voyage with Cunard. Eye-catching with a simple monochrome theme, the iconic black and white celebration will be brought to life as the atmosphere is heightened across the ship on board the legendary Cunard Queens.

Dress code: Guests are invited to wear a simple combination of black and white elegant finery to complement the black and white theme of the evening.

11th November - Masquerade Gala Evening

Travel back to Renaissance Italy, delighting in an evening of mystery and enchantment as guests experience our take on the infamous Venetian Masquerade Carnivals. Watch the drama unfold as hidden identities and elaborate costumes are seen across the ship and the carnivalesque atmosphere fills each and every space.

Dress code: Guests are invited to wear their finest evening wear and accessorise perfectly with an elegant mask to embrace and add to the sense of mystery and intrigue that awaits.

13th November - Red and Gold Gala Evening:

A new glamorous, elegant and regal theme to complement guest's voyage with Cunard. Celebrating Cunard’s rich heritage and identity, the Red and Gold Gala Evening will reflect the red and gold colours seen throughout Cunard’s iconic livery and sumptuous interiors.

Dress Code: Guests are invited to wear a simple combination of red and gold elegant finery to complement the effortless theme which will be visible throughout the ship.

Please note that the dress code themes are not mandatory for the gala evenings. We request that guests wear a dinner jacket, tuxedo, or dark suit for the men with a regular tie or bow tie. Evening or cocktail dress, smart trouser suit, or formal separated for the ladies. The tuxedo/jacket does not need to be dark colours, you are welcome to wear a pattered design and alternative colours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I contacted Cunard regarding the Gala nights on V426N (4 nights from Southampton) I was told by their customer service last week that ‘Short voyages tend to not have Gala Evenings but they do have a formal night where smart attire is required - this will be on the 31st of October.’ This made no sense, so I pointed out to them that their website clearly states:

‘We invite you, by formal invitation delivered to your stateroom, to a Gala Evening at least once on every voyage of three nights or more.’

It is not acceptable to advertise with Gala nights and then only when you have paid, tell your customers that you don’t plan to deliver. For us the Gala nights are an essential part of the experience, and we would not sail on Cunard without them.

Cunard then came back to me on Saturday saying that they ‘can confirm there will be 1 Gala Evening on your voyage - I am just getting the date and theme of this confirmed for you’. I have heard nothing more.

I then realised that our voyage calendar for V426P (12 nights to the Canaries) doesn’t mention any Gala nights either. I contacted them again, and they responded YESTERDAY with ‘I can’t confirm any Gala Nights for your voyage V426P on 3/11/24 from Southampton.’

This is utterly ridiculous, especially if you (Sue-B) say that they confirmed three Gala nights to you LAST WEEK. I will certainly stay on the case, but the more people tell them that this is not acceptable, the better.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Emma666 said:

When I contacted Cunard regarding the Gala nights on V426N (4 nights from Southampton) I was told by their customer service last week that ‘Short voyages tend to not have Gala Evenings but they do have a formal night where smart attire is required - this will be on the 31st of October.’ This made no sense, so I pointed out to them that their website clearly states:

‘We invite you, by formal invitation delivered to your stateroom, to a Gala Evening at least once on every voyage of three nights or more.’

It is not acceptable to advertise with Gala nights and then only when you have paid, tell your customers that you don’t plan to deliver. For us the Gala nights are an essential part of the experience, and we would not sail on Cunard without them.

Cunard then came back to me on Saturday saying that they ‘can confirm there will be 1 Gala Evening on your voyage - I am just getting the date and theme of this confirmed for you’. I have heard nothing more.

I then realised that our voyage calendar for V426P (12 nights to the Canaries) doesn’t mention any Gala nights either. I contacted them again, and they responded YESTERDAY with ‘I can’t confirm any Gala Nights for your voyage V426P on 3/11/24 from Southampton.’

This is utterly ridiculous, especially if you (Sue-B) say that they confirmed three Gala nights to you LAST WEEK. I will certainly stay on the case, but the more people tell them that this is not acceptable, the better.

yep - email received on 28th Aug, and refers me back to the correspondence that they apparently sent on the 15th which they can’t find so they reconfirmed what they think they had already told me!   However they’ve still not updated on the planner.  

I can only hope that someone from Cunard reads these boards and finds a way to sort it out.  Surely it can’t be that difficult to list the nights and upload them into the database that feeds the planner…

If nothing else you can guarantee some passengers will be dressed up to the nines as we’re a party of four travelling together on that voyage 😂 

Finally!

Cunard have finally updated their calendar, and the Gala Nights have been confirmed as some of you previously have been told: 

V426N 30/10 - 3/11/24:

31/10/24: Black and White 

V426P 3/11 - 15/11/24:

5/11: Black and White

11/11: Masquerade

13/11: Red and Gold

Let's hope enough passengers are still going to check their calendar and will have time to plan accordingly. Thanks to everybody who chased Cunard!

• Like 3

Can I ask a question of the ladies here about the dress code for Gala Night (Black and white)? We're very used to formal nights on other cruise lines and have lots of options to choose from but I may not have the right ones....

The requirement I've seen posted on the boards here is for ladies to be in 'a skirt or an evening dress'.  There's no mention of trousers for ladies - I tend to wear either black satin or black velvet trousers with a white sequin top, or a cocktail length dress.... but neither of those would fit the bill if interpreted strictly.

What do you think?  Would I be out of line in black trousers? 

38 minutes ago, busymumofthree said:

Can I ask a question of the ladies here about the dress code for Gala Night (Black and white)? We're very used to formal nights on other cruise lines and have lots of options to choose from but I may not have the right ones....

The requirement I've seen posted on the boards here is for ladies to be in 'a skirt or an evening dress'.  There's no mention of trousers for ladies - I tend to wear either black satin or black velvet trousers with a white sequin top, or a cocktail length dress.... but neither of those would fit the bill if interpreted strictly.

What do you think?  Would I be out of line in black trousers? 

The Gala Evening dress code as listed in the daily programmes specifically mentions both "smart trouser suit" and "cocktail dress" as options. Here's the quote (emphasis mine).

"eveningwear of dinner jacket, tuxedo, or dark suit with a regular tie or bow tie, or floor length dress, ball gown, cocktail dress, smart trouser suit, or formal separates."

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bluemarble said:

The Gala Evening dress code as listed in the daily programmes specifically mentions both "smart trouser suit" and "cocktail dress" as options. Here's the quote (emphasis mine).

"eveningwear of dinner jacket, tuxedo, or dark suit with a regular tie or bow tie, or floor length dress, ball gown, cocktail dress, smart trouser suit, or formal separates."

Thank you so much for that.  I'm never seen an actual programme and have only found snippets of what others have 'cut and pasted' in various posts.

Looks like I'm all set then!