Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2024

bluemarble

Here are links to partial dress code and themed evening schedules for 2024. As was the case with the schedules for previous years, these are compiled from what other members have found on "My Cunard" within the daily calendars for their voyages.

QM2: QM2 2024 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

QE: QE 2024 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

QV: QV 2024 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

This is still very much a work in progress at this point. Once again I will need your help to fill in the many gaps. If you can fill in any of the gaps in these schedules, please post here what you are seeing in "My Cunard" (or have learned elsewhere). I'll need the name of the ship, the dates of the voyage, and the dates and themes (if any) for all the "Gala Evenings" on your itinerary.

If you see anything that needs correcting, please post those corrections here as well.

It's my understanding that Cunard have not posted any dress code and theme schedules for QA yet. It also appears that Cunard have not yet posted any schedules for QE beyond February 2024 sailing dates. If you see any schedules for QA or any schedules for QE beyond February, please post what you are seeing here.

These documents reside on my Google Drive so I'll be able to update them there with your additions and corrections without needing to attach new versions here. The links I've provided here should always retrieve the latest versions from my Google Drive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Just checked our 2024 bookings:

M417 TA EAST

16 June Black & White 

21 June Roaring 20s

H415 NORWAY

Nothing yet 

H416 BALTIC

Nothing yet 

M421 NORWAY 

15 July  Red&Gold

19July Masquerade  (and a port day)

M422 TA WEST

22 July Black & White 

25 July Roaring 20s

• Thanks 2

Thanks for those contributions, @esrs. I already had the schedules for the two QM2 crossings but I didn't have the M421 Norway voyage so that was very helpful. I've been told the schedules haven't been released for Queen Anne yet so I haven't started a document for the "H" voyages where you've also reported "Nothing yet".

• Like 1

It looks like you're missing 9-15 June 2024 QM2 westbound transAtlantic (it may be M416? The voyage number doesn't appear in My Cunard or on our agent's booking confirmation). The two gala evenings are:

10 June - Red & Gold
13 June - Masquerade

Edited by frankp01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

It looks like you're missing 9-15 June 2024 QM2 westbound transAtlantic (it may be M416? The voyage number doesn't appear in My Cunard or on our agent's booking confirmation). The two gala evenings are:

10 June - Red & Gold
13 June - Masquerade

Thank you for that contribution. In the past I was able to fill in most of the QM2 crossing schedules because they kept to a set pattern with very few exceptions. For 2024 they are keeping me guessing by mixing things up quite a bit. So far the pattern is the first gala evening on crossings in ether direction is going to be either Black and White or Red and Gold and the second is going to be either Roaring Twenties or Masquerade. On QM2 at least, they are breaking the long-standing pattern that the first gala/formal evening on any voyage departing Southampton across the fleet was almost always Black and White for the theme.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toffeegirl68 said:

QV406C 25/02/23 Auckland to Sydney

Voyage personaliser says just one gala night on 01/03/23. Other evenings listed as smart attire. 

One gala night on an 8 night voyage, very disappointing.... 

Aren’t Australian cruises less formal than regular Cunard cruises? Are Aussie’s not as formal as British/American cruisers in general?

My question based on readings from CC and based on pure ignorance of what goes on Down Under. (Except watching a season of Masterchef Australia…loved it). 

1 hour ago, NE John said:

Aren’t Australian cruises less formal than regular Cunard cruises? Are Aussie’s not as formal as British/American cruisers in general?

My question based on readings from CC and based on pure ignorance of what goes on Down Under. (Except watching a season of Masterchef Australia…loved it). 

I was once on a cruise from Soton with 400 antipodeans, who were doing a three Queens package. My impression was that they were pretty keen to embrace the formal dress code. Of course, it is only an impression, and anyway those 400 may have been a self-selecting sample.

6 hours ago, Toffeegirl68 said:

QV406C 25/02/23 Auckland to Sydney

Voyage personaliser says just one gala night on 01/03/23. Other evenings listed as smart attire. 

One gala night on an 8 night voyage, very disappointing.... 

Unfortunately your voyage V406C is one of the few occasions when Cunard are not adhering to their stated policy "At least twice on each seven-night voyage we’ll host a Gala Evening." They have scheduled several intervals of 7 to 8 nights between gala evenings during the full 2024 QV World Voyage and that's OK since they don't schedule two gala evenings every seven days on longer voyages. But when your segment of that 2024 World Voyage from Auckland to Sydney is being sold as a separate 8-night voyage, they really should schedule two gala evenings on your voyage.

Just as an aside, when I saw some of those gaps between gala evenings on the 2024 QV World Voyage, I wondered if they were reducing the number of gala evenings overall on the full World Voyage. I needn't have been concerned. Here is a comparison of the full 2023 and 2024 QV World Voyages, both starting and ending in Hamburg.

2023 QV World Voyage

Number of nights: 105

Number of gala evenings: 24

Gala evenings per week: 1.60

2024 QV World Voyage

Number of nights: 111

Number of gala evenings: 25

Gala evenings per week: 1.58

31 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

I've just checked my booking for QV and 29 April is showing as Gala Optional. 😮

It's typical for the 2-night voyages between Southampton and Hamburg to have the evening of the sea day be designated "Gala Optional" with no theme. That's because the next day is disembarkation day for many of the passengers. The daily programmes I have from QM2 word it this way.

"Smart Attire is acceptable for guests who are finally disembarking tomorrow if preferred."

11 hours ago, bluemarble said:

It's typical for the 2-night voyages between Southampton and Hamburg to have the evening of the sea day be designated "Gala Optional" with no theme. That's because the next day is disembarkation day for many of the passengers. The daily programmes I have from QM2 word it this way.

"Smart Attire is acceptable for guests who are finally disembarking tomorrow if preferred."

Thanks, that makes sense.

On 11/4/2023 at 2:40 AM, NE John said:

I'm really a QM2 TA (transatlantic) fan for which I loved the formal nights, sea days and occasional stormy weather. So not even a 'cruise' person, per se.

Having relocated from London to Auckland, affordability means that my sailings are now likely to be TD (trans-"ditch"). I'll still dress up to the nines 💃

p.s. assume that a formal night for the Aussies/Kiwis is thongs/jandals with glitter??!!!  🩴🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/6/2023 at 5:48 AM, Toffeegirl68 said:

Kiwi? 😯

Kiwi??!!  😳

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

🇬🇧🤍💙

Oops, sorry @Toffeegirl68 got that one wrong!

You must be a BIT familiar with both Aussies and Kiwis to know about thongs and jandals.

BTW I don't own a pair of them, with or without glitter.

I also don't own the other type of thongs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SusanS54 said:

Hi @Bluemarble!

M426 TA EAST

24th  August  Black & White 

27th August Roaring 20s

Thank you very much. Could I ask you to double check the date of your second gala evening? I was expecting that to be on 28th August, your sixth evening. The usual scheduling for a 7-night crossing is to have the gala evenings on the second and sixth evenings.

10 minutes ago, piratesswoop said:

M419 the 4th of July cruise NYC - Halifax - Boston - NYC

June 30th - Black and White

July 2 is also listed as a gala night but not showing a theme yet. Assuming Roaring 20s.

Thank you for that schedule. And welcome to the Cruise Critic by the way.

Gala evenings don't always have themes. They could add a theme for July 2nd at a later date, but since none is listed now, it may well remain without a theme. Since that's the evening of your second port day in Halifax (and before your first evening in Boston the next day), I suspect they may be intentionally omitting a theme for that gala evening.

I received an email today from Cunard indicating a change and reshuffle on Q408 in February.  Stated reason is "port unavailability".  Previous schedule was:

image.png.67f04cbd221b642235c90e6b2eb5f469.png

Changes are:

23Feb sea

24Feb Lifou New Caledonia

25Feb Port Vila Vanuatu

26Feb Luganville Vanuatu

28Feb Lautoka Fiji

29Feb Suva Fiji

Lifou replaces Isle of Pines in New Caledonia.  Other ports reshuffled.  The formal night schedule is unchanged.

• Thanks 1