Spirit of Adventure: riding out the storm ?

FannyLiz

7 minutes ago, JMMKUK said:

Is it damaged? They seem to have a very different attitude to risk to Saga.

One unconfirmed report that they lost a window/porthole on deck 4 about 8.00 pmish yesterday evening. Just have to look at the design of the from of the ships to see the difference between SAGA's ships and the Balmoral.

We once left the Neptune Lounge on the Balmoral with sea water from the decks runing in!

46 minutes ago, Kohima said:

Falmouth Harbour webcam page is now showing SoA departing at 6.30 am tomorrow morning.

Good. They were told 5 pm this evening earlier on but looking at Windy that looked very stormy as well. Glad they have delayed it a little. My friend on board seems to be having a great time eating, drinking and being merry. All the perks of a cruise without the nausea. I am sure they could spare you a hot mealWindsurfboy. 

76 miles due north of Portsmouth and it is flat calm and a bit drizzly here. I 

2 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

One unconfirmed report that they lost a window/porthole on deck 4 about 8.00 pmish yesterday evening. Just have to look at the design of the from of the ships to see the difference between SAGA's ships and the Balmoral.

We once left the Neptune Lounge on the Balmoral with sea water from the decks runing in!

Yes, I actually prefer the more tradition design. I was very disappointed when Saga first released pictures of the new builds.

Remember Sapphire being followed by a new P&O ship in a storm & the 'faster' P&O ship couldn't keep up.

Balmoral only has a 7m draught according to MT though.

• Like 1

Very much agree with everyone  Saga 100% right to wait it out, of course there's the safety,  but expect ships could weather it. But no one pays good money to spend 3 days sick as a dog and frightened to death. 

Sun is shining in Falmouth so SoA passengers can enjoy Falmouth but don't  travel to far.  We went out for lunch, but had to take a few detours due to fallen trees, 4 miles to Falmouth became 10.  Came back in time for my wife to go to hairdressers ready for SoD on Tuesday,  got home and just after 2pm electric reappeared, 4 hours early,  well done western power. 😁

Keeping a good eye on waves for next Tuesday and Wednesday,  look much calmer , once you get South of Spain calm all the wsy to Carribean,  fingers crossed it stays that way

• Like 2

Does anyone know where Spirit of Discovery is ? My ( free versions) of the marine traffic apps show her some time ago en route from the Canary islands to A Coruna. Not much shelter along that coast. Has anyone a more up to date app ?

3 minutes ago, Kenmure said:

Use cruise mapper for a more accurate location. It is free.

Thank you. Much more up to date than either MarineTraffic or VesselFinder. I hope she is not getting battered around too much but clearly she kept on sailing. I think she should be back in Portsmouth on Tuesday.

Just had a phone call from friend on the S of A. They are now scheduled to leave Falmouth on Saturday morning. She doesn’t sound too upset as they are enjoying every minute so far with free-flowing champagne and excellent food.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kohima said:

Even if they leave on Saturday, that only leaves 8 more clear days until the next cruise on Tuesday 13th. What could the itinerary be?

I don’t think the passengers have been told yet. I have just asked.

4 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

If SoD keeps going may hit 9 meter waves. Could drop La Corona and spend day in port further south, Cadiz say and let waves die down

Poor SoD crew. They had a force 10 in Biscay on the way back from the States. Our Orca team heard from their Orca team on board. SoA was enjoying the sunshine at the time.

17 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

SoA  still sitting pretty  in Falmouth 

They have been told they will not sail before Saturday morning at the earliest as another storm is due. The French newspapers are reporting the approach of storm Domingo.

i’ve been watching Discovery who is en route to 1/ 2 Spanish ports whose identifier I don’t know. Fingers crossed all is OK.

( ES FUE> ES LCG )

Edited by FannyLiz
To add Spanish port identifiers

1 hour ago, FannyLiz said:

They have been told they will not sail before Saturday morning at the earliest as another storm is due. The French newspapers are reporting the approach of storm Domingo.

i’ve been watching Discovery who is en route to 1/ 2 Spanish ports whose identifier I don’t know. Fingers crossed all is OK.

( ES FUE> ES LCG )

Es -lcg is code for La Corona so on track but going to be bumpy

Edited by Windsurfboy