Just seeking advice...

Giraffes

I am a solo sailor trying to book an April sailing. There have not been any solo verandas available. I happened upon a sunset veranda for less than the regular infinite veranda, although still paying 100% single supplement. Would you bite the bullet or hold out for a solo to avoid paying for double occupancy? Thanks in advance!

12 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

I wouldn't sail in a solo cabin. Spring for the SV; they're great. Just don't book the deck immediately above Eden.

Isn’t the deck above the Eden about 3 decks up or at least two decks.  Did you hear noice from the Eden when booked above it?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Isn’t the deck above the Eden about 3 decks up or at least two decks.  Did you hear noice from the Eden when booked above it?

Yes. So much that we were allowed to move to another SV (fortunately one was available) two decks up.

The late night DJ was the culprit. Bass from 11 pm on.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

There's the soot issues as well, that seems to bother some more than others

And that can vary depending on winds, the specific ship and location on that ship.

Personally I am a fan of the sunset veranda (only had them twice), once had a bit of soot but no big issue but I could see a couple cabins where they had a bit more once or twice.   the other sailing had no soot at all and didn't see any on the other cabins balconies either.