A Compilation of Non-Haven Suite Information for Prima and Viva

Sammae

There's very little information in this forum about non-Haven suites on Prima and Viva. I'm talking about S-category cabins, not M-category. Most of the threads I've found contain mostly a back-and-forth argument about whether non-Haven suites exist. So let's start a compilation of actual information and experiences in these non-Haven suites so that people like me (and you!) have a resource when we're deciding what cabin to book. 

Here's a list of information I'm unable to find, or that is inconclusive from the back-and forth in other threads:

- Cagney's breakfast and lunch menus

- Whether S-category suite guests check-in and board with haven guests

- A compilation of SJ-category room obstructions (this can be estimated from deck plans, but real balcony photos/videos would be helpful)

- A list of amenities found in the stateroom on embarkation

- A list of daily amenities (there's mention of snacks or something?)

- Whether the butler and concierge service experiences are similar enough to Haven butler and concierge that we can just use those threads for info on what can/cannot be requested

Anything else! Share your experiences! How did staying in an S-level suite change your cruise experience for you? 

• Thanks 2

Here's what I've gleaned from other threads so far: 

• Concierge is available at a desk in Cagney's during Breakfast and Lunch hours and can assist with restaurant and show bookings.
  • Butler service is (similar? identical?) to that available in the Haven - unsure exactly what amenities they can provide.
  • Nespresso is available in the room and is replenished daily. Can request milk/cream from the butler.

As people provide information, I will edit the main post to compile everything together.

• Thanks 1

We have a non Haven suite on Prima in December.  We had a concierge number to call and made our dinner reservations ahead - was nice perk.  We were told butler service same as Haven - just no access to Haven area.  We are in a forward facing suite on Prima - on other ships this WAS a Haven - but on Prima not the case.  

• Thanks 1

- These suites have access to a complimentary expanded room service menu. Not sure if it is identical to the Haven menus or not, but you can certainly order things over and above what is offered on the standard room service menu.

- Daily snacks/treats brought by the butler

- A bottle of champagne/sparkling wine in the suite upon arrival
- Bottle of water upon arrival, IIRC

- Fruit basket provided upon arrival. Can be replenished upon request
- Butler service is identical (or nearly identical) to what one would experience in the Haven
- Breakfast and lunch in Cagney's
- Access to the Assistant Concierge, who sets up a desk in Cagney's during breakfast and lunch times, as well as access to the Concierge by phone.
- Invitation to suites/VIP cocktail party
- Larger fabric laundry bags. You still have to pay for laundry (unless you are Platinum or above), but you can get a lot more in the bag!
- Nespresso machine and coffee/tea replenished daily or upon request
- Upgraded toiletries (including a bath pouf)
- Upgraded bedding
- Priority disembarkation

Edited by Pitzel
Forgot something...
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Treacher1 said:

We have a non Haven suite on Prima in December.  We had a concierge number to call and made our dinner reservations ahead - was nice perk.  We were told butler service same as Haven - just no access to Haven area.  We are in a forward facing suite on Prima - on other ships this WAS a Haven - but on Prima not the case.  

If you think of it/feel like it, can you snap picks of the Cagney's menus if we don't have them posted here by then? And the room service menu?

How was your experience with the pre-cruise concierge? I've read good and bad about it. 

Enjoy your cruise!

10 hours ago, Pitzel said:

- These suites have access to a complimentary expanded room service menu. Not sure if it is identical to the Haven menus or not, but you can certainly order things over and above what is offered on the standard room service menu.

- Daily snacks/treats brought by the butler

- A bottle of champagne/sparkling wine in the suite upon arrival
- Bottle of water upon arrival, IIRC

- Fruit basket provided upon arrival. Can be replenished upon request
- Butler service is identical (or nearly identical) to what one would experience in the Haven
- Breakfast and lunch in Cagney's
- Access to the Assistant Concierge, who sets up a desk in Cagney's during breakfast and lunch times, as well as access to the Concierge by phone.
- Invitation to suites/VIP cocktail party
- Larger fabric laundry bags. You still have to pay for laundry (unless you are Platinum or above), but you can get a lot more in the bag!
- Nespresso machine and coffee/tea replenished daily or upon request
- Upgraded toiletries (including a bath pouf)
- Upgraded bedding
- Priority disembarkation

Thank you for this awesome list! Can I ask what suite category/ship you have your experience on?

Is the bottle of sparkling wine better than the one you get for Latitudes? Because that is... undrinkable. On our last cruise we kept meaning to bring OJ back to the room to make mimosas of it, but didn't ever remember. 

Is the VIP cocktail party in the Haven? I read mention of it in a review. Have you been?

Thanks for all the info for the thread!

In response  -  our experience on the phone with concierge precruise was excellent.  No wait time to answer - took all our dinner reservations both specialty and MDR AND request for no feather bedding - since allergic.  This all went well - now we see if there was follow through once we board and that all things requested were granted.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Treacher1 said:

In response  -  our experience on the phone with concierge precruise was excellent.  No wait time to answer - took all our dinner reservations both specialty and MDR AND request for no feather bedding - since allergic.  This all went well - now we see if there was follow through once we board and that all things requested were granted.  

We have an SJ booked in May. How did you get the concierge number? Was it sent via email? And how many days in advance were you able to book your reservations?  

On 11/1/2023 at 9:31 AM, Sammae said:

There's very little information in this forum about non-Haven suites on Prima and Viva. I'm talking about S-category cabins, not M-category. 

- A compilation of SJ-category room obstructions (this can be estimated from deck plans, but real balcony photos/videos would be helpful)

We are booked in an SJ in May. I could find little to no information on which were the most or least obstructed by the slides. It would be great to hear from people who have actually sailed in them. 

They sent concierge number immediately after I booked.  HOWEVER, unusual circumstance.  We had cruise booked for 2025 which NCL canceled - cruise was March of 2025 - we booked for December of THIS year to use 10 percent credit for their cancellation - final payment already was due in October when we booked - so I called concierge right away to make all our reservations.  Very kind and helpful - as I said though - shall see if there is follow through on requests once we board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RosieRoo said:

We are booked in an SJ in May. I could find little to no information on which were the most or least obstructed by the slides. It would be great to hear from people who have actually sailed in them. 

Just this morning, I pulled the trigger on upgrading to an SJ for our February cruise. We are booked in 11812. I will update with as much information as I can when we get back!

In the meantime, I'm still thinking there's a need to make a list of most-to-least obstructed SJ balconies, if we can get experience from people. I remember when the Epic came out, someone on this board put together an extremely comprehensive post of the different stateroom layouts and balcony sizes. It was so helpful for booking!

• Like 1

Just now, Sammae said:

Just this morning, I pulled the trigger on upgrading to an SJ for our February cruise. We are booked in 11812. I will update with as much information as I can when we get back!

In the meantime, I'm still thinking there's a need to make a list of most-to-least obstructed SJ balconies, if we can get experience from people. I remember when the Epic came out, someone on this board put together an extremely comprehensive post of the different stateroom layouts and balcony sizes. It was so helpful for booking!

Congrats!  The interior looks amazing. I have seen several videos on YouTube of decks 12 and 14, but it would be great to hear from people who actually sailed in these cabins.  Hope you have a great experience!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sammae said:

Thank you for this awesome list! Can I ask what suite category/ship you have your experience on?

Is the bottle of sparkling wine better than the one you get for Latitudes? Because that is... undrinkable. On our last cruise we kept meaning to bring OJ back to the room to make mimosas of it, but didn't ever remember. 

Is the VIP cocktail party in the Haven? I read mention of it in a review. Have you been?

Thanks for all the info for the thread!

We were in an SL suite (Family Suite with Large Balcony) on the Prima this past April. The room itself is essentially the same as the Club Balcony suites next to it, but came with more perks.

The bottle of sparkling wine was WAY better than what used to be given out for Latitudes members. They no longer give out that stuff because so few people actually enjoyed it!

The VIP cocktail party was in the Observation Lounge, though it was attended by the Captain and most of the senior crew members. We never got to even see the Haven, unfortunately 😞

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Pitzel said:

We were in an SL suite (Family Suite with Large Balcony) on the Prima this past April. The room itself is essentially the same as the Club Balcony suites next to it, but came with more perks.

The bottle of sparkling wine was WAY better than what used to be given out for Latitudes members. They no longer give out that stuff because so few people actually enjoyed it!

The VIP cocktail party was in the Observation Lounge, though it was attended by the Captain and most of the senior crew members. We never got to even see the Haven, unfortunately 😞

Thank you! This is great info to have!

• Like 1

I just contacted the pre-cruise concierge for the first time. I asked if they have a copy of the suite dining menus in Cagney's on Viva, and if they could modify my specialty dining reservations (since I was unable to book the times I wanted online.)

They say my dining request has been sent directly to the ship and it will be confirmed with the onboard concierge. As to the menus, they said that there would be more information about dining in my stateroom. It was a pretty generic reply. 

I received the reply within 6 hours, which was pretty great! I'm reading through the Haven thread right now, and if I find any non-Haven information, I'll add it here. 

Great thread idea @Sammae, I thought about this but didn’t follow through. Thanks!

We’re in an SJ on the Viva TA this month, we kinda selected the room in consultation with our usually very thorough PCC, looking at deck plans, reading reviews from similar rooms on Prima … and a big amount of WAG.

I plan on doing another “Almost Live” trip report and will try to drop a few photos in this thread to show the degree on impingement or obstruction. 

love the amenities listing you started, nothing to add to that yet …..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

Great thread idea @Sammae, I thought about this but didn’t follow through. Thanks!

We’re in an SJ on the Viva TA this month, we kinda selected the room in consultation with our usually very thorough PCC, looking at deck plans, reading reviews from similar rooms on Prima … and a big amount of WAG.

I plan on doing another “Almost Live” trip report and will try to drop a few photos in this thread to show the degree on impingement or obstruction. 

love the amenities listing you started, nothing to add to that yet …..

Thank you! Hoping we can gather some information that is helpful to you before you cruise. We would be very grateful for any information you can provide afterwards, as well. 

This seems to be a cabin category that has not been very popular in the last 15 or so years, and there have been many changes to the amenities offered by NCL in that time. I’m a big planner and I want to take full advantage of the upgraded amenities in my suite,  but that’s tricky to plan with so little information available! 

Happy to be engaging others in the sam

boat! (Ha…)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 1:22 AM, sbobsbob said:

Sammae

have you received any info on 11812. We are also booked in that suite in April. Would like to see pictures of balcony, and how the slides cause any obstruction.

I haven't found anything specific to that room yet. I will definitely take pictures in February though and post here!

On 11/30/2023 at 5:19 AM, cruiserzockel said:

We were in a front facing SL suite on Viva 6 - 16 Nov. Happy to answer any questions about the suite and suite amenities.

Breakfast and lunch were in Cagney's. The menus were the same everyday. 

Thank you so much for posting the menus!

I was definitely hoping that the offerings would be different from the MDRs for breakfast and lunch - sort of like a Haven-lite offering. 

Were the room service offerings the same as the standard room service menu, if you remember? Did you use the butler and concierge services much?

We’ve booked a non-haven suite with an aft view…we are going to Iceland and Norway in late September…SH…9954…we were offered a great deal to upgrade to a Haven, but we would have lost our “aft” view of the Northern Lights…we are going with other people and we would have had to eat separately from them…we really enjoy the non-haven suite amenities and attention by the staff