Withdrawing dollars from Revolut

Cash123

Hi,

We have a revoult card with US dollars on as on Previous Princess cruise it was better finacially to transfer sterling to dollars as the exchange rate is far better and then pay our onboard account in dollars but now we are on Arvia in january and any standing accounts will be paid in sterling so Im wondering if its possible to withdraw dollars in cash to use on the islands, either onboard the ship or from an ATM on one of the islands.

Has anyone done this in the past and if so was there any charges for withdrawing cash, in the past we have only used the revolut card to pay for purchases.

Thanks

Rob

I have a revolut card and have transfered sterling to Euros and Norwegian Krone.  I have used the card to pay for items and when in Italy used an ATM to withdraw Euros. I also transfered my unused Norwegian Krone straight to Euros without having to transfer it back to Sterling first. 

If you have multiple currencies on the card, just make sure that it set to the currency you want to use. I did forget to do this and had the card declined as there wasn't sufficent money in the other currency!

Our local Sainsbury's (Southampton) has an ATM which dispenses only euros and dollars.  May be worth investigating whether there is something similar local to you.

I see you are from Essex.  How close are you to Grays or Abbey Wood Sainsburys?  They also appear to have ATMs that dispense dollars which you could use on the islands.

Edited by Pippa04
added locations

Revolut tends to have monthly withdrawal limits £200 or equiv for basic card. We frequently use it and have withdrawn Euros, Aus Dollars, US dollars and Rand with no issues and no charges. Make sure your setting on your account (via phone) are correct as our first attempt was a dismal failure until we discovered we had that setting turned off for security reasons.

5 hours ago, Pippa04 said:

Our local Sainsbury's (Southampton) has an ATM which dispenses only euros and dollars.  May be worth investigating whether there is something similar local to you.

I see you are from Essex.  How close are you to Grays or Abbey Wood Sainsburys?  They also appear to have ATMs that dispense dollars which you could use on the islands.

The one in Grays is just by lakeside shopping centre and we are going by there on monday so will give it a try, thanks for the info.

cheers

rob

On 11/4/2023 at 6:55 PM, Cash123 said:

The one in Grays is just by lakeside shopping centre and we are going by there on monday so will give it a try, thanks for the info.

cheers

rob

Well we found the ATM at Sainsbury today, saw the machine and above it said this machine only has dollars and euros so thought great thats the one, put our Revolut catd in and got a notice saying this machine does not accept this card !!!!!!!!!, it seems you can only use normal UK debot or credit cards so someone can give you dollars but charge an exchange fee.

I will phone Revolut and see what they have to say.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cash123 said:

Well we found the ATM at Sainsbury today, saw the machine and above it said this machine only has dollars and euros so thought great thats the one, put our Revolut catd in and got a notice saying this machine does not accept this card !!!!!!!!!, it seems you can only use normal UK debot or credit cards so someone can give you dollars but charge an exchange fee.

I will phone Revolut and see what they have to say.

Thanks for posting.

Although I don't live in Grays, good to know that I can get € or $ from the Sainsburys there.  A trip out on the bike, cheeky burger in McDs and pick up me holiday money!