Spain and Portugal excursions with wheelchair on ventura

Brabgirl

Hi, am going on Ventura next week and have booked an excursion for each port, however I now see that some excursions are on a minibus and wheelchairs can’t be accommodated. Does anyone know if coaches or minibuses are used for Vigo, Cartagena, Lisbon, Cadiz, Malaga or Gibraltar. First time cruising so a bit nervous

Gibraltar is definitely minibuses streets are too small for coaches unless you are going to Spain it’s a minibus then onto the coach after the border crossing. The other ports I would say coaches it will confirm on the shore excursion page for you.

43 minutes ago, Brabgirl said:

Hi, am going on Ventura next week and have booked an excursion for each port, however I now see that some excursions are on a minibus and wheelchairs can’t be accommodated. Does anyone know if coaches or minibuses are used for Vigo, Cartagena, Lisbon, Cadiz, Malaga or Gibraltar. First time cruising so a bit nervous

Tours will generally be on coaches or busses, unless it specifically states otherwise. If you are able to board a coach (climbing the steps and walking to a seat) then you can book a normal

tour and the driver will stow your wheelchair in the luggage compartment between stops. 

There are a small number of tours specifically for those who are unable to transfer onto a coach and these are always described as “Accessible ……..”. They are few and far between, very expensive and if your cruise is next week I’d say that they will almost certainly be sold out now. 

Just returned from Azura and Malaga and Cadiz were both ports of call. At both a coach was used and our wheelchair was put into the luggage compartment. However, you have to be able to take the steps up into the coach. We found that the front seats were reserved for wheelchair users. It was all very well organised. I took the opportunity to discuss access with the excursion team onboard and they advised us to cancel 2 of the tours we had booked and replace them with more suitable ones. They were all pre-paid and the money was refunded to the card I used to pay for them the next day.