Cruise Transfers

rsbg1

Hey all, I’m planning on an Alaskan RT trip from SFO .. I tried to get info from Princess but the two people I talked too couldn’t give me info.. I don’t know why lol .. We want to go from SFO airport to the cruise dock May 15-26 and back to the airport. Had a BAD experience with taxis in SFO .. getting us late to we’re we wanted to go. So the Princess transfer bus would be great for us.. I’m looking for a price for this.. please help .  Thanks , Ted

16 minutes ago, rsbg1 said:

Hey all, I’m planning on an Alaskan RT trip from SFO .. I tried to get info from Princess but the two people I talked too couldn’t give me info.. I don’t know why lol .. We want to go from SFO airport to the cruise dock May 15-26 and back to the airport. Had a BAD experience with taxis in SFO .. getting us late to we’re we wanted to go. So the Princess transfer bus would be great for us.. I’m looking for a price for this.. please help .  Thanks , Ted

Hello @rsbg1 and welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards! I see it has been a while since you have posted.

Your new topic/thread regarding the Princess transfer bus posted on an incorrect forum has been moved to the Princess Cruises forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have used Princess transfers frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you. I suggest you also research the West Coast Departures forum for information regarding other forms of transport to the pier.

I also suggest you use the Follow feature on any new topics/threads you start or any other topics/threads where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come looking for you as notifications. If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers, and we are so glad you are posting again! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list for the various forums. Please read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails,

Host Kat

3 hours ago, rsbg1 said:

If you have already booked this cruise, simply log onto Princess.com and go to your cruise personalizer.  Click on the "Travel" tab and scroll down BELOW the flight information section.  There you should see drop-down selections for any available transfers.

NOTE: The above assumes that you have booked the cruise DIRECTLY with Princess and NOT through a TA.  If you *did* book through a TA you will have to go through your TA for this info.

Skip the transfer and order a Lyft or Uber. It will be cheaper and quicker than a transfer, no waiting to fill a bus, not stuck in a pack of people entering the terminal at once, and no trying to find the cruise reps and get on the right bus. Download and learn how to use the apps locally, and then simply order one when you get there, choosing which one is cheaper. Their driving and attitude are rated, so they have an incentive to be safe and friendly, unlike a taxi driver. The same goes for the return trip, by the time they load everyone and their luggage onto a bus you could be on your way to the airport and get to your flight quicker, with less stress. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 2:48 PM, rsbg1 said:

don’t know why lol .. We want to go from SFO airport to the cruise dock May 15-26 and back to the airport.  Ted

2 hours ago, rj59 said:

Skip the transfer and order a Lyft or Uber.

Cruise Departure: SFO to Pier 27:

SF has moved Uber / LYFT (but not Taxis) to the "Uppermost" floor of the Parking Garage. So please ask at the Luggage Arrivals where to get the Elevators to go there. If you choose this option, it is best to call for Uber/LYFT "after" you arrive at the location where you get Uber/LYFT.

Cruise Arrival: Pier 27 to SFO:

My recommendation is to use a Princess Transfer if you are using EZ-Air. One can purchase the Transfer at the Excursion Desk. Otherwise, if you do not want a Princess Transfer, one has to be at a specific location after picking up your luggage where Uber/LYFT can pick you up.

Edited by sultan_sfo