Flight check in with no wifi on ship

SRch

11 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Where I live now and where I used to live Southwest and American were the main choices. I always do Early Bird. Also I have a Southwest Credit Card  That includes some Early Bird boardings. So the card pays for itself as they give points every year. Chase Reserve is transfer partner. If you pay with points and cancel all points are returned. No luggage fees. I have not paid cash for a Southwest Flight in 10 years. Points paid for all my flights. So the seating works out I always get the aisle seat which I prefer. Oh and on Southwest I don'have to book round trip. I can book one way. Even when I am doing a round trip I book each flight separately Ultimate flexibility. I can put up with the seating for that. In the last ten years I have not had any major delay. 

Thanks for the tips..

.def will look into these card options as ..we fly back and forth to Fl several times a year..

Yup

it takes us almost full day to get from LI NY to Fl..absurd!  Used to do Frontier( grin and bear it) non stops for awhile but they were not reliable and stopped going to our Fl airports from ISP

Edited by hcat

11 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I think you were very unlucky. I used to fly Southwest 10 flights a year. For 30 years. I don't fly that much anymore but I flew twice this year on Southwest and no major issues. 

No, he wasn't "very" unlucky. There are hundreds of thousands of unlucky passengers like WrittenOnYourHeart. Just last Xmas week, Southwest cancelled over 15,000 flights due to a complete computer and system meltdown stranding over a million (yes, million!) passengers in terminals and cities all across the country and ruining the Christmas plans for even more people. And although weather was the precipitating event, (which other airlines managed to handle, btw), Southwest's antiquated IT system suffered a complete meltdown. It was such a complete screw-up that there were even Congressional hearings about it. It was national news for days, if not weeks. Here is just one of the many news reports about it if for some reason you're not aware of what happened: 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SRch said:

Thanks everyone. Yes we are Canadian but will try to get cell coverage for US. Normally I wouldn’t worry but this summer my sister in law who refuses to uses a computer was put on standby because she didn’t do online check in and waited until she got to airport. So just want to be proactive. It has been so long since we travelled that I am out of practice and stressing out more than normal.

Check to see if you’ve already got it. I was surprised to see that it was included on our Rogers plan. Shaw had an additional fee however, it was available by the month. 

4 hours ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

And although weather was the precipitating event, (which other airlines managed to handle, btw), Southwest's antiquated IT system suffered a complete meltdown.

Most of the major airlines have had meltdowns at various times. Some not even involving weather. As for antiquated IT systems the problem is that is not easy to modernize legacy systems. That could cause a meltdown. Airline travel in general is unpleasant. Pretty much I fly on airlines that offer me nonstop flights. Home location is a significant factor in choosing flights. 

7 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

Check to see if you’ve already got it. I was surprised to see that it was included on our Rogers plan. Shaw had an additional fee however, it was available by the month. 

Thanks we will look into it. we have virgin mobile so not sure what is included. We got the plan a couple years ago so can’t remember anything