Eclipse Self Disembark ?

MattnTricia

We know the answer but are just confirming.  

We live in Northern California and arranged flights from to Long Beach and Back on Southwest

Unfortunately the schedule is not cooperating now and there isn't  a flight out of Long Beach or LAX before 2PM that is non stop. 

We are about to pull the rigger on going back to driving to the port. 

Can anyone confirm for us that even with  hauling our own luggage off the ship that being on the curb by 8:15 is something that is impossible. 

We just saw we are doing customs in San Diego instead of Long Beach so it seemed like there might be a slight chance. 

Not necessarily impossible, if no delays (6am arrival) then you should be able to be off the ship by 7:45 or 8. The cruise debarking on 11/17 has had the scheduled changed  7am, which could also happen for your cruise.

What about BUR or SNA? A bit farther than LAX but maybe better flight times?

Customs in Long Beach goes super fast regardless even if you had to do it there.  In normal circumstances, if you walk off you should be able to be off by 8:15. 

I confess I am not a fan of the walk-off situation.  Too many people (IMHO) walk off because for some reason they think it's more convenient, and it blocks up all the elevators for people trying to go to breakfast, as well as makes it much harder for those who actually need it to catch early flights.  When they first initiated it (years ago - I'm dating myself) you needed to prove an early flight to be allowed to do it.  Now 3/4 of the ship seems to do it and disembarkation day is a madhouse.  I've sailed on Celebrity 76 times, always put my luggage out the night before, and never had an issue getting it as quick as I needed it.  Just venting here - not meaning to take out my frustration on you.

Got off the ship yesterday using luggage assist (they move luggage off the ship). We were in the parking lot at 8:20. Straight walk through the building. All Immigration done in San Diego. No customs done at San Pedro.  

• 2 weeks later...

Got off on the 17th we had immigration in San Diego so getting off in LA was super simple and easy.  saw people walking off at 7:15 am within minutes of them announcing that people  carrying off their own luggage could disembark.