Free drinks / Wifi or not?

gazingm42

So last night I purchased a cruise on seashore, since this add below was on the front msc which it still is.

We purchased the "best" not the best value.  So I get told today that its not included, is that correct?  I

don't see any details on this ad.

Thanks in advance.

image.png.a9a36ddd46186e6a2f5f87a42b6194a6.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 1:57 PM, Essiesmom said:

Apparently you chose the Best rate, not Best Value

IMG_2400.jpeg

We purchased the "Best Value" package in order to get Wi-Fi but when we later read the details, it says "INTERNET ACCESS FOR 1 DEVICE". Does that mean you have to register say one phone and its the only device that can access the internet or is it one of our two phones cannot simultaneously access wifi? If so, does MSC allow you to setup the one registered device as a "Hotspot" or "tether" so the other phone can access internet?

I asked a question of @DaKahunaabout what he uses.  Perhaps he can come in an elaborate.  I think you need to buy a two device package, log your phone into one, and the router onto the other.  Others can then login to the router.  But I think then you would need to be close to the router to use your device,  it wandering around the ship.  I would use my phone as #1, as I wander around taking pictures, checking the menus, activities, etc.  in my cabin I would work off the router using my iPad and surface pro.  I suppose if a second person wanted to use their phone they could carry the router around also.  The one I am considering is about the same size as my iPhone SE(3).  I am not an expert, just considering for now.  But maybe someone over on the Cruising Technology board has good advice.  EM

• Thanks 1

@Essiesmom To carry the travel router around you would need an external power source.  

As you said, I will use two WiFi accounts.  One I will use for my phone so that I have connectivity almost everywhere on the ship.   The other I will use for my travel router in the stateroom and we can connect as many devices to it as we desire.  You do need to be in close proximity to the travel router to be able to use it