Musings from from Regal Princess, Nov 12-19, 2023

BlerkOne

As with the last cruise, purchased the Plus package once on the ship. You can get coffees once on the ship but still no bottled water. Tap water is free for everyone.

I planned for this and stashed sufficient water in my cabin last cruise. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

As with the last cruise, purchased the Plus package once on the ship. You can get coffees once on the ship but still no bottled water. Tap water is free for everyone.

I planned for this and stashed sufficient water in my cabin last cruise. 

Do you mean they won't provide bottled water with the Plus package, or they are out of bottled water?  I must have missed that on your other thread.  We were able to have unlimited bottled water last month on the Island with the Plus package, although they did run out of other beverages during the voyage. 

10 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Do you mean they won't provide bottled water with the Plus package, or they are out of bottled water?  I must have missed that on your other thread.  We were able to have unlimited bottled water last month on the Island with the Plus package, although they did run out of other beverages during the voyage. 

They will provide once we are out of Texas waters. Then unlimited bottled water. They will sell bottled water now, and limited alcohol, but the packages won't work for bar service. I think they still give $25 OBC to offset the cost to passengers until they can use the packages.

• Thanks 1

A couple of weeks ago on Discovery, they wouldn't let me order one of the specialty pies on the Plus package without paying $12. Last week on Regal they said no problem. I waited for the final bill to make sure that was accurate. So far, so good. Which is correct? I dunno 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

You are not in a balcony cabin for this leg?  (Forgive me for stating what is perhaps obvious...lol...)

I AM in a balcony - the same as for the first leg. I was just looking at some other cabins when walking around. I think the standard balcony is a little small, but likely am spoiled by the mini-suite I had on Discovery a few weeks ago. I know - first world problem.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I AM in a balcony - the same as for the first leg. I was just looking at some other cabins when walking around. I think the standard balcony is a little small, but likely am spoiled by the mini-suite I had on Discovery a few weeks ago. I know - first world problem.

Sorry...I just realized that after rereading your 3rd post...duh...

ETA: I am definitely spoiled now after booking mini for myself...no looking back...

Edited by dlh015
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The interior rooms look tiny. This one might have been a modified cabin.

The one you captured is known as a "sideways" interior (unofficially termed). Believe it or not, though, they're actually roomier than the standard interior, especially once you separate the double into 2 twins). Very practical layout for an inside.

We will pretend to not see the chili cheese dog 🫣

• Like 2