Porto Santo Stefano,Italy

Formerly known as Seabee

Greetings to all my CC friends from other boards.  We have taken the plunge and have decided to try Azamara after years of sailing on other lines, primarily Celebrity.  We are planning on the Onward in October.  One of the ports is Porto Santo Stefano.  All I know about this place is that it is in Tuscany.  Have any of you been here that can offer suggestions of what to do?  (I know about the Port Category here but it is silent about this and since Azamara is probably one of the few cruise lines to stop here, I thought this might be a better source of info).  thanks and cruise on!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 1:52 PM, Formerly known as Seabee said:

Greetings to all my CC friends from other boards.  We have taken the plunge and have decided to try Azamara after years of sailing on other lines, primarily Celebrity.  We are planning on the Onward in October.  One of the ports is Porto Santo Stefano.  All I know about this place is that it is in Tuscany.  Have any of you been here that can offer suggestions of what to do?  (I know about the Port Category here but it is silent about this and since Azamara is probably one of the few cruise lines to stop here, I thought this might be a better source of info).  thanks and cruise on!

We will also be on Onward in October. Please post if you find anything to do there.  I haven't found mucha and the few ship excursions don't really interest us.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 3:52 PM, Formerly known as Seabee said:

I'm reading up on ports for my 7 October 2024 Italy Intensive Voyage. It's 11 nights. 

Are you on this same cruise?

Monica

We have been to Porto San Stefano several times. A nice port of call.

It is a beautiful harbor town with nice seafood restaurants. The area is very beautiful, Porto Ercole is worth a visit. 

It is approximately a 75 minutes drive from Civitavecchia.