Brew and Beach excursion

toad455

Has anyone done the Brew & Beach excursion in St. Thomas (w/RCCL)? It must be something new because I haven't seen any reviews on it anywhere.It's over $100 and am curious, besides beer, what else is included? The description is very vague.

Brew.png

Edited by toad455

Yes, it is new. I read somewhere that Frenchtown Brewery was opening at Bluebeard's Castle after being in Frenchtown for years. It was/is supposed to open soon if it hasn't opened already.

The views from Bluebeard's are breathtaking, and they used to have a small museum. It's a nice hotel with old world atmosphere.

The excursion probably goes to Magens Bay Beach, but by being vague they have flexibility.

• Like 1

In all due respect(really), Brew and Beach tour? I've been doing that on my own all over the western hemisphere for the last 25 years. Unless your unfamiliar or maybe this is your first visit to St. Thomas I would never book(a tour ship or otherwise) to drink and go to the beach, ESPECIALLY on St. Thomas.

Ms411 has given us the entire run down on St. Thomas Bars and Beaches. 

Dude forget the ships tour take Ms411's advice go hit the Taphus downtown for a couple of drinks, catch a taxi to Sapphire Beach have a couple more drinks RIGHT, on the Beach!!

Catch a taxi from Sapphire to Redhook take the ferry over to St. John and take your pick Trunk Bay and the beach bar, or the Windmill Bar that Ms411 has recommended which looks AWESOME.

The Windmill Bar doesn't have a beach, in this case it doesn't matter the views of the ocean make up for it.😁😎😁

2 hours before your ship disembarks start heading back to Crown Bay.

Plus this way your on your own schedule, your not confined to a tour🫤 especially on St. Thomas.

Take your $$$, make your own itinerary no shortage of bars or beaches(nice ones), and go have a time.🌟😎🌟😎👍

• Like 2

Just opine that yes if you're looking for craft beer, you can go to Frenchtown Brewery.  It's before Charlotte Amalie if your ship docks in Crown Bay.  Good burgers and fries too. At Havensight there's Leatherback and Rock City.  All 3 aren't near any beaches.  So that's extra transportation.  However, It's not that far of a walk from Havensight to the boardwalk in Charlotte Amalie. If going to Frenchtown onb own, Emerald Beach would be your closest bet for a good beach.

28 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Just opine that yes if you're looking for craft beer, you can go to Frenchtown Brewery.  It's before Charlotte Amalie if your ship docks in Crown Bay.  Good burgers and fries too. At Havensight there's Leatherback and Rock City.  All 3 aren't near any beaches.  So that's extra transportation.  However, It's not that far of a walk from Havensight to the boardwalk in Charlotte Amalie. If going to Frenchtown onb own, Emerald Beach would be your closest bet for a good beach.

Which one has the good burgers and fries?? Frenchtown Brewery? Thank you. 

I'm writing all the names of these bars down you guys give me. I know where all the beaches are, I love going into new bars I'm unfamiliar with especially in the Caribbean. 

Yes it's alot of transportation that's why you go to Riise and by a bottle of Belvedere take your cup out of your softsided cooler with ice and make your own drinks between bars and beaches. 

Craft Beers are wonderful, but I'll take a Stella all day long for years and do. 

Thank you for the info. 

Um, Frenchtown Brewery never had fries. No food. Tap and Still has the burgers and fries and they make their own Rock City beer, but have never had brewery tours. You can see the big stainless steel tanks at their Havensight location, but I have never seen any activity there. I love their Happy Hour, though, which starts at 3. Price recently went to $4 which is still a bargain.

They recently did some renovations to Taphus so I need to check that out soon. 

Also heard of new rum from Cardows. Store was closed today.

Have you had mamajuana? Very popular in Dominican Republic, but in other areas of Caribbean it's bush rum. TTEllis, that's the drink for you!

• Like 1

Mamajuana I've never heard of that, sounds wonderful!! Yep that's right up my alley. I want one right now.😄

What do they do Ms411 drop a couple of big buds into the blender and incorporate it into the drink like they do on Cooking with Weed on Netflix?

Love that show. 

My sister tries to cook with weed I'm not sure she knows what she's doing so one way or another I end up smoking it all.😵‍💫😁😎😁

One quick question is the Rock City Beer good? Or was that another one of my stupid questions?

Thanks Todd

Do you have a favorite local craft beer that you think stands out from other craft beers. Thank you 

• Like 1

One of the grocery stores I frequent used to sell the mamajuana dried herbs, barks, and twigs in a plastic flask bottle so you can add your own rum. I've also seen those in Dominican Republic gift stores when on a cruise that had a Dominican Republic port stop.

You can get mamajuana by the drink at Cap's Place on St John. I'm going to post a picture of Cap's.

OMG that place is AWESOME!! How beautiful is THAT!!

The perfect Caribbean bar. 

Damn that's nice!!

I'd keep it simple Ms411 Taphus to Windmill Bar and back and forth. Right and back and forth and so on and so forth and on and on and on and on. 

Well we all know now St. Thomas and STJ are not short of great watering holes. Really nice one's too.

Ms411 thank you for the pictures.

Taphus is simply beautiful. 

Btw that looked like one helluva Halloween Party!! "Fall themed" beer, you guys are KILLING ME!! I've never heard of something so AWESOME.

"Fall themed" beer on St. Thomas, oh boy here we go.🤭😁😎😁

I can come down next October😎 and rent a condo or something along those lines and stay a month. In the event I can't find a cruise for next fall. 

I would never come down and stay 2 or 3 weeks, 2 weeks just piss me off. A month maybe 60 days, that'll get cobwebs out anyway. 

There's many islands I've been to but I'm not sure I would want to stay on one or at least not for a few weeks that's for sure. 

St. Thomas ain't like that, I could go and stay there for weeks mind my own business do my own thing and the rest is nothing but chillin and nothing but fun. St. Thomas your home, I am anyway and I don't feel like that on really any other island. 

For example when I get off the ship say in Grenada I feel like s--t every time. 

San Juan Puerto Rico I get off the ship I'm instantly nauseous, I take one look Pepto time.🤮😁🙄😁

Thank you

On 11/13/2023 at 3:25 PM, Ms411 said:

Um, Frenchtown Brewery never had fries. No food. Tap and Still has the burgers and fries and they make their own Rock City beer, but have never had brewery tours. You can see the big stainless steel tanks at their Havensight location, but I have never seen any activity there. I love their Happy Hour, though, which starts at 3. Price recently went to $4 which is still a bargain.

They recently did some renovations to Taphus so I need to check that out soon. 

Also heard of new rum from Cardows. Store was closed today.

Have you had mamajuana? Very popular in Dominican Republic, but in other areas of Caribbean it's bush rum. TTEllis, that's the drink for you!

since my ship doesn't arrive until 11am, probably just going to go to Tap and Still since it's right there for lunch and then walk over and do the Sky Ride in the afternoon($25).

Toad455, you're on a Royal Caribbean ship which docks at Crown Bay. Tap and Still and Skyride are at Havensight. You'll have to take a taxi to Havensight, or you can walk to town if you're moderately active and go to Taphus. You can then walk up 99 steps for a nice view of the harbor.

• Like 2

They recently expanded, so I have to check about current food situation. They didn't a few months ago, and suggested The Tuck Shop (weird name) which is less than half block, but Stone House Cafe is also not too far.

I prefer small plate or tasting menus, but that's not an option in town. A fish and chips place is supposed to open nearby, and I've been impatiently waiting. 

More soon!

• Like 2

No ships today and neither place was open. I will probably go back to town on Friday before I go to St John for their Christmas shopping event. But, there's a spread in a long time publication about the Beer Trail, so let me see if I can scan and post. Looked good at first, quick glance!

• 1 month later...