What to do if flight is cancelled/changed?

What is the best approach when a flight is cancelled or a connection is missed while already en-route on an itinerary booked by Regent Custom Air? FYI, we booked everything directly with Regent.

• Do you make the necessary arrangements directly with the airline or do you call Regent Custom Air to get rebooked?
  • Does Regent know about your changed arrival time/day and will they automatically arrange a new airport transfer or do we need to call Regent Headquarters about this?
  • Who do you call if nobody picks you up?
  • What if we have a pre-cruise land program which involves domestic flights. Who will help us to catch up with this program? Is Custom Air going to rebook the local flight too or do we need to call Regent Headquarters?

We have a fairly tight connection in Feb. and I talked to Regent Air today about it.  They suggested that if we miss the connection we go directly to the airlines.  There is also an After Hours number on your Boarding Pass for Regent Air that you can call. It's in the "Terminal Arrival" section.

In May 2022 my Regent flight from DC to Paris to Barcelona was cancelled.  I called the Regent number from the information packet and was told to check with the airline.  The airline rebooked me for the next day and must have sent information to Regent since I received a message from them confirming the change and the pickup at the airport was changed to meet the new flight.  There have been a few times when I could not find the contact at the airport, this mostly happened when the airlines did not provide wheelchair help for my wife and we had to wait a bit before we made it through the terminal.  In this case we found someone with customer services for the airport and had them call the Regent contact number that was on the cruise paperwork.  We only had a short wait until someone would show up and drive us to either the hotel or the ship.    

We missed our connection in Brisbane in 2018 on a LA to Perth trip. We went to Qantas and they got us ticketed on the next flight. When we arrived in Perth, Qantas already knew our luggage had not made it to Perth with us and provided an overnight kit, complete with pj’s. I do not think Regent would have been of any help to us. 
BTW, the connection Regent booked for us was possibly legal, but was unlikely to work unless everything worked perfectly. 

Edited by labonnevie
Clarification

Our RDU to CDG connecting to Copenhagen was cancelled in August.  Delta rebooked us coach from RDU to JFK and standby to Copenhagen.  Called the emergency Regent custom Air and they rebooked us on business class from RDU to Copenhagen via Reykjavik on Icelandair.

In June the airline canceled the first flight of a 3-flight itinerary arriving a day early, blowing the whole thing out of the water. The airline rebooked me for the next day (arriving cruise day), but the rebooking had two layovers of 45 minutes each. One even slightly delayed flight would have meant I missed the ship in Piraeus.

I found another itinerary that suited me better and called Regent Air, and they got me onto that itinerary. It meant a 10-hour layover at Dulles, but it was in the Polaris lounge, so I was just fine with it.

I did have to facilitate some sort of ticket transfer between SAS (the original ticketing airline) and United (the new airline) in order to get the itinerary I wanted, but it was done with a couple of phone calls.

TL:DR: If the airline can't help you at the last minute, do some research for the flight(s) you want and call Regent Air. They might be able to help.